New Member Seeking Advice On What To Buy

lsintampa

Feb 4, 2017
Greetings,

New member, currently seeking a Mustang to purchase, seeking input.

About me.... recently retired car nut. I have rebuilt a number of vintage cars in the past... no Mustangs, although I did buy a new Mustang II back in the day. Hey, we're it not for the II, there may not be a current Mustang at all.

I am not a mechanic, but I can turn a good wrench.

I am in the market for a good Mustang, but I am not sure which way to go.

I don't want a car that is needy... it has to be low miles, clean, prefer one owner, certainty no accidents, good paint, leather..etc.

My current thinking is a 2016 echo premium CPO or new leftover.

But a older model would be fine as well. The 2016 has enough HP for me.. no interest in drifting or racing, etc.. just looking for something fun to drive.

Budget is 25k cash... so I feel that's good enuf to find something decent...

Oh, coupes only.. no soft top.

Any input gladly appreciated.

Thanks,

Len

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet, you may need to post a thread in a section matching the year stang your looking asking opinions there or post a want to buy (wtb) in the classified section. Read the instructions on posting and I guarantee you'll get some opinions

Welcome to Stangnet.

$25K? That will probably get you a real nice S197 (up to '14). The newer S550's might be a little challenging for that price, but with patience it could probably be bought.

Let us know what you find and like Karthief was saying, browse the subforum of the models you're looking at. That may help to cement what the best bang for your buck is.

Good to have you with us.