New Member to the 'Stang Community

Tupperware

Oct 5, 2004
Raeford, NC
Hey everyone!

I've had an account here ever since the '05's were released, and I've drooled over the new Mustang since then. A few weeks ago, I finally managed to join the growing community of proud Mustang owners!

I bought a brand new '07 V6. I went with the 6-banger because I honestly didn't think I'd care that much about the horsepower, I mainly liked the car in the beginning because of its appearance. After a month of driving the car, I'm very happy! The car I find has a decent amount of get-up-and-go, but I've found myself wanting more...something I didn't honestly anticipate. I'm planning on adding a CAI and tune in the near future with an exhaust to follow. If I still want more out of the car, someday I'll have enough money for a supercharger, but I'm not worrying about it just yet, I'm just enjoying having the car I've wanted for so long.

That being said, there are 2 problems I'm having.

#1 - This is my first manual transmission car (you should have seen the test drive...what a learning experience). My fiance had to talk me into purchasing a standard as I was set on an auto. She told me "you'll have more fun in a stick." She was right. The first problem is that I have put WAY too much gas into this thing. It gets great mileage (29/30mpg) on the highway, but I can't stop horsing around and killing off my tanks of gas! I guess its not really a problem, but I've gotta stop or I'll bankrupt myself! haha

#2 - I don't know if maybe I'm just messed up in the head, but I can't NOT speed in this car and it's gonna get me in trouble. I've had a truck for many years, so maybe my head is warped into that mindset, but when my speedometer says I'm doing 65, I feel like I'm crawling. On my fist highway trip last week, I was driving what I "felt" like was the right speed...I look down and I'm doing 85. It takes severe self-control to drive this thing by the law!

I've babbled long enough, but I'm glad to no longer be on the outside looking in. I'll leave you with a few pictures I took today. Plain Jane black 'Stang. Had the dealer take off the tape stripe because I think they're poorly suited. Choosing a black car was a bigger work-load than I expected. Got it waxed today and got some pix.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
Jake

stang-up.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to :SNSign: Jake!!!

I, after having a 1998 3.8L V-6 and a 2003 V-8 found driving the S197 4.0L to be a totally different experience than any other Stang I had owned. YES - it is hard to NOT speed, but reservation will pay-off. :rlaugh:

If you have the need for speed :Track:. :D Welcome to the community and you will find in the V-6 forums a plethora of information that will take your V-6 to a whole new level.

Black is a challenge that is why in my "old age" I settled on a Pewter Grey TransAm. :lol:

Enjoy!

I had a V6 and loved it. I just got a new GT. Man, what a difference. If you want power, the GT has it.
I am really having to watch my foot and the speed limit. Cruise control is my savior.
There is something about that extra horsepower that is addictive.
I love both models, though. You will love yours.

I can't NOT speed in this car and it's gonna get me in trouble. I've had a truck for many years, so maybe my head is warped into that mindset, but when my speedometer says I'm doing 65, I feel like I'm crawling. On my fist highway trip last week, I was driving what I "felt" like was the right speed...I look down and I'm doing 85!

boy, do I know that feeling .... ?

welcome aboard

Welcome Jake, to the crazy and wonderful world of Mustangs:D
One quick way to help you with your speeding dilema...EXHAUST!!!!! I believe that if it's louder it will make you more aware of your speed, but then again it might not solve anything due to sounding better at the same speeds as before...just alot better sounding:rlaugh:
Enjoy:nice: