New motor mounts

cbsdd

Dec 8, 2009
Hemet, CA
Holy crap!! I just installed new urethane motor mounts that I got from AM and a new transmission mount that I got from the dealer and the car feels like it's new. The ones I had were so jacked up the rubber was basically torn in two on the engine mounts and the trans mount was almost in two pieces. After I had everything installed and got in I thought there was something wrong with the car because of how smooth it was at idle. I highly recommend this to anyone with a high mileage stang.

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles are on your 'Stang. I KNOW my transmission mount is shot, and I can only assume the motor mounts are just as bad. This is definitely on my "to do" list, I can definitely see where there is room for big improvement.

I paid for 3 hours of labor which came to $234. Well worth it in my opinion. I don't have an engine hoist and if I did it would probably of taken me the whole weekend. When I went to pick it up the guy who did it said it was a huge PITA. I told him "yeah that's why I had you do it."

I paid for 3 hours of labor which came to $234. Well worth it in my opinion. I don't have an engine hoist and if I did it would probably of taken me the whole weekend. When I went to pick it up the guy who did it said it was a huge PITA. I told him "yeah that's why I had you do it."

I could be wrong, but you should be able to put a piece of wood on top of a jack, then lift up the engine a few inches from the oil pan. With the car on jackstands of course.

Yeah I guess I could have prob done that. I hate getting under that car though, especially when I have to change the oil. I hate how the oil filter spills oil on everything. I saw a relocation kit on Maximum Motorsports site, I might check into that some more.

Yeah I guess I could have prob done that. I hate getting under that car though, especially when I have to change the oil. I hate how the oil filter spills oil on everything. I saw a relocation kit on Maximum Motorsports site, I might check into that some more.

Getting dirty is fun anyway :D It helps a little if you do a real good job of cleaning the engine bay- let whatever soap or degreaser you use just seep down to the bottom :shrug: