New news from BON...

• Sponsors (?)

Actually it wouldnt be 336, because 20% of 336 is 67.2, and 336-67.2 is 268.8 hp, and not 280.....it should be 350hp b/c 20% loss is 70hp which is 280 whp. If they say its 320 at the crank and 280 at the wheel that is a 14.28% drivetrain loss and not 20%, 20% would have been 64 hp loss. :nice: :nice:

66coupe351 said:
It's more like 329.41176 crank HP - assuming 15% drivetrain loss.

BTW, where is this 280 rwhp coming from? Is this a reliable source, or just some who's buddy says so?
Dunno. The guy who posted it said it was from a reliable source but any power numbers I'll take with a grain of salt. I was more intrested in the different lug pattern thing personally. Just kind of curious why they would do that.

Omegalock said:
I was more intrested in the different lug pattern thing personally. Just kind of curious why they would do that.

This is also pretty weird in my opinion. The slicks my father uses on his 69 Mach 1 fit perfectly on my 99 GT, I tried them last summer.

What about the Bullitt wheels they used on the prototype ? Do you honestly think Ford would have designed another set just for this car ? :shrug: This is a pic I took of the 2005 Mustang on my trip to Detroit

2005_stang.jpg

I don'y buy the 15-20% thing, If I have an engine that makes 200 hp at the flywheel and I loose a confirmed 40hp (20%) in the driveline, I don't think it follows that if I boost it to 300 hp that I'm suddenly going to loose 60hp (still 20%). I still have the same gearbox, driveshsaft, differential, axles, bearings, lubricant, wheels, etc. I haven't changed the mass, inertia or friction coefficients involved with any of these components. You might see a marginal increase in driveline losses because, with more power/torque, you might be loading driveline components more, increasing contact stresses and friction, but, if this is the case, I don't think this amounts to much.

There is a fairly accurate way to measure driveline loss and that is to do a coast down test on a dyno. You accelerate to some speed, thow it in neutral and see how long it takes to coast to a stop. The longer it takes, the less driveline loss. I don't think you can do this on just any chassis dyno but it can also be done on the street with a stopwatch, but now you have the rolling resistance of the front end factored in as well.

shatner saves said:
I don'y buy the 15-20% thing, If I have an engine that makes 200 hp at the flywheel and I loose a confirmed 40hp (20%) in the driveline, I don't think it follows that if I boost it to 300 hp that I'm suddenly going to loose 60hp (still 20%).
It's been tested enough times, the percentage is fairly reliable. But it's not 20%. Not sure about a 3650, but on a T-5 in 4th gear (where dyno runs are usually done) it's actually more like 12%. Other gears vary, of course, as do other transmissions.

Dave

Sounds good to me.

I would love to see a N/A 5.4 3V GT-Plus(call it whatever you want) putting out about 350(+) hp at some point. I love the compactness of the SOHC 3V! I hope the 5.4 fits...

280HP is pretty good, I expected the new Mustang GT to be putting out at least 310HP at the engine on avg. I think from now on Ford will be more conservative with the rated HP after the 99 Cobra thing.

Sucks to hear about the rims though :(