New NW Forum!

Endangered Species

Hi, AC PONY here; I figured it was about time to join in, since I have been a member sitting on the sidelines. My story goes like this... I bought my 05 GT Stang in Portland, pre-orderd, as I don't care for the antics at Astoria,Or. Ford. The first time they got the 05 in one of the guys took it for a spin right off the truck...and you guessed it...he wrecked it in 15 mins. flat. Then they got hit with vandalizing and, if I remember correctley, one got keyed. The latest and greatest story is a drunk driver just wiped out four vehicles there including a new Stang and ripped off the front end of it. I have to say that Stangs are an endangered species at Astoria Ford. I just had to share the story with someone, I was soooo tired from laughing my behind off about it. Have a nice day . AC PONY

• Sponsors (?)

WaterPog said:
honestly I'm not sure if I like the gold or not, but it wasn't enough to keep me from buying it.

we may end up going to normal chrome trim anyway before too long.
As for the gold trim work goes, it must have been a option i had it on mine and was the first thing to go :puke: gold trim is for caddy's and homies not stangs. Nice looking ride pog what did you give for it? Give us some details on it, i was considering my car to you as an offer but just couldnt get that coupe deal to go threw :nonono: oh well i prob. would of kick myself every day if i would of done it. peace

john:p

We ended up paying $4500 for it, it's got a few little bugs that need to be worked out but nothing out of line for a 12year old car. I was just surprised to be able to find any 5.0L car that is as stock as this one, even the mufflers, air silencer and timing are stock and don't appear to have been "put back" from what I can tell.

I'm thinking that the gold badging will probably stay for a while, but that the wheels are gonna have to go soon. The more I look at them the less I like them.

More on Endangered Species

O.K. Venom, I got mine through Coutesy Ford, Redfire GT. Couldn't resist chiding Astoria on they're mis-fortune with the Stangs they get in. Love my car and YES I did do a verrrry slow drive by when I got mine, then on the way back around put my foot in it to show them how to drive it and not wreck it. Yes I am an evil woman who knows how to handle rear-wheel drive just fine. My true friends refer to me as a PLATINUM B____! And I say "Thank you very much". As for the rain, if your not used to a once every 10 year down-pour from Mother Nature...then you probably shouldn't have a Stang in the first place. No guts...no glory; and yes I have a radar detector too.

Jon said:
With the recent members of Stangnet trading in their performance cars for trucks/suvs we may have to start a new forum if this trend continues. Must be all the rain that is making people give up.
BTW, anyone want to buy a 2000 GT or a 1996 Cobra? May be willing to trade for GMC Sierra.
Not another one...

MTMMAN said:
My questions is why do all these people keep posting here long after they no longer own a Mustang or never did(Corvette's etc)?

I remember five years ago, when many of the people on here had just gotten stangs. I was seventeen and had just gotten my GT. Two of my high school friends had done the same, and were busy wrecking theirs. Ed had his white new-edge GT. Jerry, as I recall, was relatively new to the area. Paul had his '99 GT and Varian still had his BPU supra and was trying to off-load his old fox body. Bill was still actively pimping the Fox, All Ford/Blue Oval were new, and Sandy had a P1SC on her GT. Those were the days!:hail2:

MTMMAN said:
My questions is why do all these people keep posting here long after they no longer own a Mustang or never did(Corvette's etc)?
I have been kinda hinting to the same thing, but I didnt wanna come out and say it. I absolutely respect everyone on here, but I personaly would feel kinda like a poser if I didnt have a stang and was on....well...:SNSign: but again, whos to say they wont be cured of this sickness they have with horrible symptoms that leave them in the dark not owning a Mustang. Its the worst virus I have ever seen....:(

loud 95 said:
I remember five years ago, when many of the people on here had just gotten stangs. I was seventeen and had just gotten my GT. Two of my high school friends had done the same, and were busy wrecking theirs. Ed had his white new-edge GT. Jerry, as I recall, was relatively new to the area. Paul had his '99 GT and Varian still had his BPU supra and was trying to off-load his old fox body. Bill was still actively pimping the Fox, All Ford/Blue Oval were new, and Sandy had a P1SC on her GT. Those were the days!:hail2:
... and I had one of the first 03 Cobras and some said I was afraid to race it...:)

MTMMAN said:
1. Stangnet is for the enthusiasts. To state what should be obvious: That does not necessarily equate to owning one.

2. Who here has never owned one? Patrick has a Corvette, but had a Cobra before that. Jesse has a Corvette, but had a Cobra before that.