New Ohio Stang owner

GaugedFreak

May 12, 2011
Ohio
Just bought a 1987 Mustang GT Convertible off of my Brother In Law. It needs some work, but is a good base I'd say. Can't complain much for $1500. Just need to get some bugs worked out.

I've wanted a Foxbody for as long as I can remember. I've owned a 96 GT, but it was an Auto and I couldn't stand that. Other then that I liked the car and hated getting rid of it, but my wife at the time wanted something else and couldn't drive it in the winter. She had to go.:rlaugh:

Anyway, I'll be around trying to educate myself on my new project car.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree 1000000% on the taillights. They are horrid! I want to get a set of smoked tails or all red tails for it. Unfortunately they aren't high on my list of parts to buy though, I'm working on the must haves first. A solid battery, new intake tube, maybe an ignition upgrade, get the exhaust leak fixed between the H-pipe and the mufflers.

I'm happy to report that I was able to fix my stumble and backfiring issue, and the car runs like a beast! The previous owner put the plug wires on wrong for a standard 302 instead of the 302 HO so it was running horribly! Set timing back to stock and fixed the plug wire firing order and it was ripping the tires up. :hail2:

Now if it'd just stop raining so that I can drive it!