Fox New parts on the way

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 215073

The clutch in my 1993 GT started feeling funny, and the chirping at idle with the clutch pedal up has turned into a growling noise with lots of pedal vibration. So it's time to yank the T5 and replace stuff.

I ordered the McLeod street level master clutch kit with a new bearing retainer.

While I'm at it I'll install the catted X pipe I've had in the garage for a bit, and put the original upper control arms, and a clutch cable and quadrant.
IMAG0253.jpg
Later this summer I plan on getting my MM full length subframe connectors installed as well.

The LMR video says I can just transfer the bearing retainer shims over and not bother measuring end play, but I think I should get a shim kit in case I need it. Is the LMR upgraded bearing retainer any good? Reviews are mixed, and it looks to be the same overall design as the Ford Performance part.

• Sponsors (?)

mine is a 1997 GT..... wouldn't it be the same principle? I don't think the guy shimmed it properly to account for end play and preload. It's rattling and making some BAD noises. Then it got stuck in reverse. I am more than pissed! One would think that he would have noticed when they drove it after bolting everything back up.

Weather down here has been hot and sunny but I don't know enough to tackle this job alone. Nor do I have the correct tools / set up. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I should even let the guy work on it anymore since it STILL isn't fixed. He's had it for more than 2 weeks! I wonder if not shimming it properly to account for preload and end play would cause the new issues that I'm having. Prior to taking it to him, the only problem it had was a slight "chirp". Then we discovered the TOB retainer was broken and needed another one. It's the one that presses into the bell housing so he had to take the bell housing off to get to it. I'm afraid he f*cked something up when he did.