New pics of 01 GT and welding pics

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Im about done with this car, for looks.. found a nice spot and day, so i shot a few more pics of it.

BTW, I suggest wearing longsleve shirts when welding.. although for some reason I dont mind the sunburn and radiation, and smell of burnt hair/skin.

01GTnew_01.jpg

01GTnew_02.jpg

01GTnew_03.jpg

01GTnew_04.jpg

weldingpic-01.jpg

weldingpic-02.jpg

Attachments

• 01GTnew_01.jpg
    01GTnew_01.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 01GTnew_02.jpg
    01GTnew_02.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 01GTnew_03.jpg
    01GTnew_03.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 01GTnew_04.jpg
    01GTnew_04.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 93
  • weldingpic-01.jpg
    weldingpic-01.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 89
  • weldingpic-02.jpg
    weldingpic-02.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

hahaha...when my dad was teaching me to weld a few months ago, the only form of shadeing for my eyes i had was one of the insert pieces of plastic that goes in the masks that i was holding up to my eyes......so after like an hour of watching my dad weld, and then me welding for a while, i get in teh house, and i have a rectangular white box on my face around my eyes, and part of my nose.....silly me lol :rolleyes:

01GTnew_02.jpg

Damn oink I am always impressed with your work. Looks great. I love the black hood. :hail2:

BTW Oink. What wing is that? My brother wants the s281 E wing for his Mach 1. That wouldnt happen to be it would it? :shrug:

TIA

Attachments

• 01GTnew_02.jpg
    01GTnew_02.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 82
Thanks guys!

No, the wing isn't the E model.. Its the standard S281 wing for 01-up (slightly different then the 99-00 I believe)

Yea Im about done with it, although I would like to get the Saleen replicas, but can't seem to sell, or get the extra money up for 18" tires.. Im asking $850 for the 03 Cobras w/tires.

Yeah, long sleeve shirts are a minimum when welding. I was practicing welding at work, and after an hour of welding my arms were 2nd degree burnt. Lesson learned.

The UV is the worst part of it, not the heat.
Scott

i was welding my gokart while i was squatting, it hurt to walk for like a week b/c of the burns i got on the insides of my knees... + i forgot about all the slag from flux core so i ruined some good shorts...

THIS SHOULDN"T BE IN TALK

this freakin car deserves to be in teh main tech forum... it's too awesome not to be

OINK IS TURNING ME AWAY FROM SN95s and towards this one

Yea thats the thing.. When I did the MIG welding I couldnt get away without an apron, and longsleve shirt.. Sparks fly everywhere.
With TIG you can weld in a white suit and not get a spec of anything on it.. Very clean and precise welding.

Didn't post it in Tech cause I fugured everyone has seen the car before and got sick of it.. so why not bullshi* and post it in talk, ya know.