New Pics Of my COMPLETE Modded 40th Anniversary GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furthermore, I think that the fact there are no other emblems on the car further illustrates a "poser" mentality. It's almost as if he wants to pass the car off as a cobra but wont go as far as slapping cobra emblems on the car, so all emblems are left off. IMO it is an indirect way of fooling people that you have a Cobra by not actually labeling it a Cobra. There's a certain deniability with it.

• Sponsors (?)

If u look at all the time and money his guy has into just the outside of the car, and u are more less saying that he cheaper out on the emblems or somthing, seriously if he was trying to "fool" people don't ya think he woulda spent the extra $50 on the emblems. I mean seriously think about it.

People bitching about somebody putting cobra stuff on a GT is getting old. I fully plan on putting cobra mirrors, sideskirts, and a shaved rear bumper on mine. Am I doing it because I'm trying to make my car look like a cobra? Nope. I'm doing it because it looks better than the GT stuff and I'm not going to put a Xenon body kit on my car.

This here! :nice: as long as the cobra emblems are not going onto the car then whats the big deal?? the cobra parts and saleen parts look tons better than what the GT got stuck with. its like the movie Twins, Arnold or the cobra gets the good appearance genes, and Danny or the GT gets the leftovers. Except here we can change the look around and put on better "genes" without tagging it with the cobra emblems. hell i'm getting an 03/04 front to put on.. probably get the side skirts too. Come at me brah! :D

GT owners need to stop being so hostile.... Simply put, COBRA parts were meant for the COBRA and GT for the GT, get over it. Real svt owners are sick of being asked if their cobras are real or not due to posers out there slapping on cobra aesthetics.

Anyway... a little back story on the original poster(he posts pics of his car everywhere, it gets old). I am sure you will find this interesting..

04 GT-COBRA Clone Recent pics - SVTPerformance

Read through, trust me lol.

GT owners need to stop being so hostile.... Simply put, COBRA parts were meant for the COBRA and GT for the GT, get over it. Real svt owners are sick of being asked if their cobras are real or not due to posers out there slapping on cobra aesthetics.

Anyway... a little back story on the original poster(he posts pics of his car everywhere, it gets old). I am sure you will find this interesting..

I read the thread...and lol'd

Looks like you've made quite a few friends :rlaugh:

My opinion on clones and using cobra parts?

Doesn't matter to me just as long as you aren't trying to pass as a real cobra.

I just would shave all the parts that say "cobra" if it were my GT.

Mustang owners mix and match parts all the time, who cares!

I know one thing...you better have something under the hood to back up the looks of the exterior

This here! :nice: as long as the cobra emblems are not going onto the car then whats the big deal?? the cobra parts and saleen parts look tons better than what the GT got stuck with. its like the movie Twins, Arnold or the cobra gets the good appearance genes, and Danny or the GT gets the leftovers. Except here we can change the look around and put on better "genes" without tagging it with the cobra emblems. hell i'm getting an 03/04 front to put on.. probably get the side skirts too. Come at me brah! :D
So you're saying it's not ok to put little snake badges on the car but it's fine to have a bumper with a shiny billboard that screams COBRA?

Not really catching your drift. I concur with posts 39-42.

GT owners need to stop being so hostile.... Simply put, COBRA parts were meant for the COBRA and GT for the GT, get over it. Real svt owners are sick of being asked if their cobras are real or not due to posers out there slapping on cobra aesthetics. .

can't just blame the owner.. Ford should have styled the GT better, at least the '99-'04's. not saying all those gt's look bad, but that comes down to what the owner does to the original style of the GT.

Lol oh man what a mess in there and the other thread it links to.
Not sure how I didn't notice the terrible IRS looking exhaust haha and the MSPainted rear bumper.

can't just blame the owner.. Ford should have styled the GT better, at least the '99-'04's. not saying all those gt's look bad, but that comes down to what the owner does to the original style of the GT.
I don't blame Ford at all. First of all, if that was the case, he should have just traded it in for a Cobra before he dumped all that money into it.

Secondly, not to brag, because it's not really what I do, but I love my car. As far as exterior, it has very simple mods. Wheels, lights, grille delete/chin spoiler/ bumper letters and that's about it. I wouldn't change a thing. I have considered a small cowl hood and possibly a 99-01 Cobra front but my car only makes 270rwhp. No point in trying to pass it as something it isn't, and quite frankly, I really like the GT front end with the grille delete and chin spoiler!

Here's some pics. Nothing special about my car, other than the sexy Sonic Blue and some minor tasteful mods, but [speaking exterior only] there are Cobras I wouldn't trade it for.

IMG_0897.jpg

tires-1.jpg

IMG_0688-1.jpg

Oh I do want some rolled exhaust tips though just because it looks cleaner =-D

Some day it will get a blower. Even then I likely won't change a thing, except for some ricer pillar gauges. I don't care who you are, that sh1t looks cool ;)

No point in trying to pass it as something it isn't, and quite frankly, I really like the GT front end with the grille delete and chin spoiler!
Exactly! There's a big difference between personalizing your car and copying an upgraded model. One tends to be generally excepted while the other often invites criticism. This isn't anything new, nor is it exclusive to Ford or Mustangs. If you're going to do it, understand it comes with the territory. Get passed it. I'm adding a pillar gauges and a Mach 1 chin spoiler next year. I hope no one thinks I'm posing as a real Mach 1 :eek:

As for your Sonic Blue GT. There is nothing you can do to a Sonic Blue GT to make it anything less than awesome. As much as I love my Torch Red, I've always wished I got the Sonic Blue. Ford really nailed it with that color. Nice car. :nice:

Mustang owners might know the difference but to the average joe, unless it says Cobra or has snake badges, they likely don't know the difference. I've just never been one to make my car into something it isn't.

This is quite true. A guy at work didn't believe me when I told him my 99 was a Cobra b/c the 99's rear bumper cover say "Mustang" instead of "Cobra".

Exactly! There's a big difference between personalizing your car and copying an upgraded model. One tends to be generally excepted while the other often invites criticism. This isn't anything new, nor is it exclusive to Ford or Mustangs. If you're going to do it, understand it comes with the territory. Get passed it. I'm adding a pillar gauges and a Mach 1 chin spoiler next year. I hope no one thinks I'm posing as a real Mach 1 :eek:

As for your Sonic Blue GT. There is nothing you can do to a Sonic Blue GT to make it anything less than awesome. As much as I love my Torch Red, I've always wished I got the Sonic Blue. Ford really nailed it with that color. Nice car. :nice:

Well put, and thanks! Torch Red is a fantastic looking color as well.

This is quite true. A guy at work didn't believe me when I told him my 99 was a Cobra b/c the 99's rear bumper cover say "Mustang" instead of "Cobra".
Haha exactly. Doesn't surprise me.

Engine pics now or :bs:

I have more body parts not from a GT than alot of folks on here do and its simply because I like it. I've had a new edge body style for 8 years now and I was simply tired of looking at the same styling so I wanted something different. I can't wait to get a new rear cobra bumper but it will not have the cobra moniker on it. In fact, I am actually going to take all the GT markings off the car. Not that I don't want it to be what it still is, I simply think the cleaner lines on the fenders will be much better looking (and I have some runs in the paint to warrant the repaint/work).

C'Mon guys. I dont think he's trying to pass his car off as a Cobra. He just removed all the GT badges. Its not like he bought himself a set of chrome COBRA letters for the rear bumper.

Oh wait...:stupid:

Have none of you read his previous post and thought about it? He said he has an oem 03/04 cobra rear bumper. Those bumpers sell for a good amount of money if in good condition. He also said he keeps other body parts laying around his garage so that if he gets tired of a certain look, he can change it up. So why would he want to ruin an OEM bumper by filling in the letters? If he decided to sell it one day, he will be able to sell it easier for more money if the letters are not filled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.