New plans for my fastback

67GTFastback

Founding Member
Dec 14, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
I know the body of my car is all original, rust free, etc. but after following Hop's project, I think I have decided to restomod my car. I am going to put in the Eleanor body kit, only I am going to use the original Shelby fiberglass hood and paint it black with gold stripes, much like a Hertz. The motor is not the original block, and the hood has a scoop, so I figure if everything is reversible, why not try something different.:shrug: Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Go for it. I was actually thinking of that same color scheme. Black with gold racing stipes but go ahead you can take that. :) That way we don't have a bunch of cars on here looking the same.

Finding the original shelby fiberglass is going to be expensive and not easy or at least I wouldn't think. If you decide to use aftermarket stuff talk to me I may just have a maier upper and lower scoops on hand.

What kind of hood were you thinking?

personally i think if the car is in original condition, leave it that way. Your car is a gt with 390 right? i wouldnt touch that car if i had that.

i knew i was going to make a shelby clone, so i got a car that wasnt orignal at all. i got it in crappy condition, with a 200ci 6 cyl, nasty wheels, and a red velvet custom interior. the whole car needed to be redone. the only thing that is original on my car now is the basicallyroof, fenders, quarters, and trunk.

if i had your car, i'd leave it.

but its yours...

Go for it. It is your car, you can do what you want. Keep the body panels that you take off so that you can re-hang them if you want.

Some owners don't like the fact that I put a 429 in my 67GTA, and they will like it less when I am done with the body work this spring, but they don't own or drive it. I am the only one that has to like it.