New Pony Car Joining My Stable!

• Sponsors (?)

Meh, its an automatic.... J/K, how do they hold up to boost
The factory automatics with a torque converter change will run into the 9 second zone without trouble. I have plans to add the circle D converter to mine and probably an input shaft and steels within the first few weeks of owning it just to bolster it to take my abuse. Added for the 2015 automatics this year is paddle shifters which should be cool as well. I'm totally over driving a stick shift, lol

So awesome. You're probably going to be one of, if not the first people to slap a blower on one of them. Should be badass.
Thanks! That's the goal really, I'll be fabricating my own blower tubing and accessories in order to be one of the first out if not the first. I would ideally like to make the first 9 second pass in a 2015 but I know there is some really stiff local competition! Time shall tell...

I have an agreement with the dealer to pay only the sticker price. I am getting my dealers first allocation as well. Sure its quite a bit of money to spend on a mustang but I'm not going to be getting another new one any time soon!

Interesting:

I just priced a Premium 2014 GT with no color trim package but with Brembos, nav, reverse sensors and camera, shaker pro, and security system for the same price.

Is the 2015 slightly cheaper?

As of yesterday I have a 2015 GT ordered with my name on it! My 84 Ttop car won't be going anywhere but I do have some big plans for the 2015! Just think JT trim Vortech for starters...
I ordered the car in Guard Mettalic, 401A Premium GT with Leather Recaro's, 3.55 rear,Spoiler delete and Navigation. Now I sit and anxiously await it's delivery months and months away...
That is going to be one nice looking ride, 84Ttop! Don’t forget to PM me so I can track it for you.

I was at ford today and got the build sheet. Just getting everything together. Did they give you a final price?
Welcome and congrats on your order, Chris DeLuca! PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Nice! I can't wait to get my 2015!! :)
Thank you for the PM, Sharad! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user
As of yesterday I have a 2015 GT ordered with my name on it! My 84 Ttop car won't be going anywhere but I do have some big plans for the 2015! Just think JT trim Vortech for starters...
I ordered the car in Guard Mettalic, 401A Premium GT with Leather Recaro's, 3.55 rear,Spoiler delete and Navigation. Now I sit and anxiously await it's delivery months and months away...
2015-mustang-guard.jpg

You should get a MCA membership and take advantage of the X-plan. it will save you a couple thousand dollars. memership is only $50 so its worth it

The performance pack for the GT is unfortunately only available for the manual transmission cars but includes a strut-tower brace, larger radiator, retuned chassis, larger rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs, K-Brace, Brembo 6-piston front calipers with larger rotors, staggered 19-inch gloss black alloy wheels, retuned EPAS, ABS, and stability control systems, 3.73 Torsen rear axle, gauge package (oil pressure and vacuum), and rear spoiler delete. All of this for only 2495$ seems like a bargain to me! The ecoboost package differs slightly but I believe it is a bit cheaper too.

The performance pack for the GT is unfortunately only available for the manual transmission cars but includes a strut-tower brace, larger radiator, retuned chassis, larger rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs, K-Brace, Brembo 6-piston front calipers with larger rotors, staggered 19-inch gloss black alloy wheels, retuned EPAS, ABS, and stability control systems, 3.73 Torsen rear axle, gauge package (oil pressure and vacuum), and rear spoiler delete. All of this for only 2495$ seems like a bargain to me! The ecoboost package differs slightly but I believe it is a bit cheaper too.

Thanks for your message. I was aware of the package itself and the options. My question was more from the mechanical stand point and what advantages they have and how big of an improvement that package is. I guess its hard to know until the cars come out but Im sure someone with mechanical knowledge would know more. Thanks again 84

Just the 3:73s and The Brembo brakes alone would make a tremendous difference on how the car accelerates and stops. Plus all the other stuff. It should make quite a difference in the cars performance compared to a stock GT. And your gonna want the staggered rear wheels to fill up those wide rear quarters. At $2495 its a steal.

I just spoke with my local Ford dealer and they gave me August 25th for the expected build date for my car. Hopefully they don't take to long getting it here after its done being built, I can say that I'm getting a little antsy!

I remember years ago when I was stationed in Korea that they had a build plan article in one of the mustang magazines, this was probably around 1998. And they described the future of the mustang and pics of the renderings of each model and body change. Ford called each one of them names like Bruse Jenner, Arnold Schwarzenegger and what not. And to this day that article has remained true to its article. I wonder what the name of this 2015 model change was, I keep thinking it was the Bruce Jenner body model. Congrats on your new ride coming.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I did some digging into what I remember of the article years ago and I found somewhat of what I was talking about.

You may be asking yourself, “Did I misread that title?” Well no, you didn’t. Ford did in fact name a Mustang after Bruce Jenner and Sylvester Stallone’s movie character Rambo. And another after the Governator himself — Arnold Schwarzenegger
By 1993, the existing Ford Mustang had begun to look and feel a little long in the tooth and was in need of a freshening up. Thankfully, Ford had been hard at work cooking up the next iteration of its iconic pony car, especially after a plan to drop the ‘Stang in favor of the Probe went over so poorly.
However, you only get one shot at reinventing the Mustang, and that car, dubbed SN-95 during development, needed to hit all the right buttons. So by 1994, the design team finalized the car’s styling to three different proposals, which bore the names of Bruce Jenner (much fitter in those days), John Rambo (albeit fictional), and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

To be honest I do not think it went any further than the late 90's. Anyway I seem to have been going down memory lane.

Well I did some digging into what I remember of the article years ago and I found somewhat of what I was talking about.

You may be asking yourself, “Did I misread that title?” Well no, you didn’t. Ford did in fact name a Mustang after Bruce Jenner and Sylvester Stallone’s movie character Rambo. And another after the Governator himself — Arnold Schwarzenegger
By 1993, the existing Ford Mustang had begun to look and feel a little long in the tooth and was in need of a freshening up. Thankfully, Ford had been hard at work cooking up the next iteration of its iconic pony car, especially after a plan to drop the ‘Stang in favor of the Probe went over so poorly.
However, you only get one shot at reinventing the Mustang, and that car, dubbed SN-95 during development, needed to hit all the right buttons. So by 1994, the design team finalized the car’s styling to three different proposals, which bore the names of Bruce Jenner (much fitter in those days), John Rambo (albeit fictional), and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

To be honest I do not think it went any further than the late 90's. Anyway I seem to have been going down memory lane.
Have a link to the article? I would be curious to read the whole thing