New projector Lights for 99-04 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

Well since everyone is so happy with the Silverstars, I will get a pair then. At the same time, I will still be able to use them in conjunction with the projector headlights, in case I decide to go for those.
I am a proponent for keeping the looks of the Mustang unchanged. In fact, all of the apperance mods I have performed so far are Ford OEM accesories. But I have always had a special interest in projector lights.
I think the ones with the Black housing on my red car would fit more with the car.

have you seen the lights with the halo, like the beemer's have? if your gonna switch lights i think they are better looking then the ones you picked out. and look pretty cool when just the halo is on @ dusk.

some food for thought....

i had a pair of headlights this style installed on my civic

these are my observations....

the low beam- they cast a beam of light that is a tad whiter with normal halogen bulbs...DO NOT INSTALL blue or other color tinted bulbs as this greatly reduces vision due to the lens they use. it has even less vision than if you would use the same bulb in the factory housing. second. due to the way the lowbeams lens is made, foglights are a must becuase the beam is severely cut off on the sides, limiting your vision of things just off the shoulder.

high beam...made similar to OEM housing but(atleast on my civic) has a little farther of a beam travel, other than that the high beams are like OEM

i had a set of Hella bulbs in my projectors and they were AMAZING!! pure white color and gave me the most lighting with the low beam

Some guy put some on his Black '03 Cobra and posted it here. Must have been lost with the crash. It looked ok. He had some trouble with them. The lights did not aim straight and he couldn't adjust them since there was no adjustment. If I remember correctly one side projected the light higher then the other. Just something to consider. I don't think these lights are well made.

ultimate007 said:
Hey BlackSteeda, I think your car looks pretty good. Do you have similar problems with aiming the lights? Also, do you have a pic of your car with the hood closed? What do you think about the housing color for my car?

I had to tweak the drivers side light a little but it's all good now...I don't have any pics with the hood closed with those lights but here is a pic with the clear lights I had before the projectors...I think the chrome housing will look good with any color car...if you like chrome...

View attachment 515115

Man, that really changes the look on the front of that Stang! I didn't think they would look all that good until I saw them on the car. I'd love to see what the black ones would look like. Anything that sets my Stang apart from the croud and looks tight is a good thing. I don't think they look rice at all. Crap, my VERY long list of things to buy for my Stang just got a little longer!

Black ones. Horrible pic

IMG_0437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 59