New Purchase, why the car sits!

25thmustang

Mustang Master
Sep 5, 2003
Montgomery, NY
So I guess things are almost finalized and unless the seller decides to ignore the inspection sheet, we are set and ready to go. So the purchase is...

A house!

2400 SF on the 1st and 2nd floor, including 3 beds, 2.5 baths, vaulted great room, and a finished bonus room above the garage. 2 car garage (Mercedes on one side, Mustang on the other), 1200 SF 3 teir deck, pool, 2/3 of an acre at the end of a culd-e-sac. The basement is a walk out and finished to include an in law apartment with a seperate bed, bath, kitchen and living/dining area.

So we finished inspection, mortgage is going through with a great rate, and we should be moved in by Halloween!!

So let me know what you guys think. Not bad for 24 years old (GF is 23). :D

View attachment 245142
View attachment 245143
View attachment 245144

• Sponsors (?)

First let me say congrats and it is beautiful! Way to go mang! :cheers:
Second, that driveway scares the hell out of me. No way my Cobra would have ever made it and I bet my Lincoln (at stock height) would scrape its nose on that thing. :eek:

Thanks,

I actually haven't had the car there yet... but I think it will make it. Lets hope. I also have a 27' boat that the intent was to bring it here, but I might just have to leave it where it is now. No worries.

Can't wait to get in there and start some updates and upgrades!

That's kick ass. A house def is one reason for the car to sit.

I'm trying to get myself one in the next year or two. WHen i get it, the 5.0 will go in the garage and pretty much just sit. House comes first, cars come as expendible income comes.

Nice place right on the end of a culdesac if thats even close to how you spell it? My g/f and I just moved in our house few months ago, same kinda setup as yours first time my car went there clearly I put it on brake and hammered down for a few feet. Hope your planning on doing the same! BTW where is the place? Congrats its a hell of a lot better then renting!

Yup car and boat are on hold for the house. It's turn key, so it doesn't "need" any work, but we already have plans for granite counters, adding a balcony from the bonus room to the great room, and redoing ALL the trim and paint. Floors, bathrooms, everything will be done over time.

Josh, the place is in Meriden, almost into Middletown. It's in one of the nice parts of town, and I grew up in Meriden, so it's fitting!

Now we have to unload our apartment, which will not be easy!

:mad: my place looks like a shack compared to that, plus its a fixer-upper. shoulda waited another year instead of watching the market crash even more.

it is nice to have a place to yourself though, with enough room to work on whatever when it needs to be done.

So I guess things are almost finalized and unless the seller decides to ignore the inspection sheet, we are set and ready to go. So the purchase is...

A house!

2400 SF on the 1st and 2nd floor, including 3 beds, 2.5 baths, vaulted great room, and a finished bonus room above the garage. 2 car garage (Mercedes on one side, Mustang on the other), 1200 SF 3 teir deck, pool, 2/3 of an acre at the end of a culd-e-sac. The basement is a walk out and finished to include an in law apartment with a seperate bed, bath, kitchen and living/dining area.

So we finished inspection, mortgage is going through with a great rate, and we should be moved in by Halloween!!

So let me know what you guys think. Not bad for 24 years old (GF is 23). :D

Considering you took out a big loan to buy this house, its not that impressing to be 24 and own a house. Bc its not like you paid for it yet. Your just living off borrowed money. So pretty much if your 18 or 60 you could have this house. What IS impressive, is if you can buy the house with cash money that you have saved up. I personally wouldn't gloat about taking out a 100k plus loan. Thats just me. But hey, half the problem with this country right now is people borrowing to much money and they can't pay it off. What makes it worse is if they lose their job. Best of luck! Not to be a dick. But anybody who is old enough to understand will agree with me.

So to answer your question... Not bad for 24 years old? Getting yourself in huge debt, i'd say its bad. But to each is his own. Best of luck

Considering you took out a big loan to buy this house, its not that impressing to be 24 and own a house. Bc its not like you paid for it yet. Your just living off borrowed money. So pretty much if your 18 or 60 you could have this house. What IS impressive, is if you can buy the house with cash money that you have saved up. I personally wouldn't gloat about taking out a 100k plus loan. Thats just me. But hey, half the problem with this country right now is people borrowing to much money and they can't pay it off. What makes it worse is if they lose their job. Best of luck! Not to be a dick. But anybody who is old enough to understand will agree with me.

So to answer your question... Not bad for 24 years old? Getting yourself in huge debt, i'd say its bad. But to each is his own. Best of luck

Uh oh, we've got a high roller in the thread. Sometimes that that "I've lived longer than you so I'm invariably more wise" **** is just condescending and demeaning. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's wise.