*New Purchases* + Questions and Opinions welcome!

• Sponsors (?)

I say yes, just some insurance for that turbo build:D
Master Power T4 70mm .96 A/R?
DSC06725.jpg

That'd be sexy

Anyone know what that's good to power wise? And when it'll hit decent boost? I don't read much on turbos.

And MMR says the stock cast crank is good to 600rwhp easy. Now i'm not aiming that high, but a fully forged shortblock would be nice as well.

Attachments

• DSC06725.jpg
    DSC06725.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 84
I take it that you are building an outright animal. :nice: I will soon have a z0slow.
I want it streetable though. That's why the idea of powerloss from running a cobra crank seems crappy since I may not even need it at the power levels I feel safe with running on the street. But then again it's cheap (really cheap based on the deal i can get) insurance and the shortblock would be worth a lot more if I sold it.

i know that shipping for my crank was $50 bucks, so if you got it for around $200ish, you stole it!!!!!
Actually shipping was $45:D
I figured if I used the stock crank then it'd be using a used part anyways - which might even need to be turned. So i decided using a used cobra crank (especially since its forged steel which undoubtedly holds up better than the cast one) wouldn't be a bad idea. 37k miles, pistons were taken out due to detonation - no damage to crank:

crankshaft2.jpg

crankshaft.jpg

Local guy says might not even need micro-polishing, I'll see what MMR says. So the block and crank should be the only used parts of the entire build.

Attachments

• crankshaft2.jpg
    crankshaft2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 67
  • crankshaft.jpg
    crankshaft.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 70
Sounds like an awsome build! One thing tho, if you are going to turbo it i hope u are not going to use that 70mm. That thing with have so much turbo lag, u could put a 62mm on it and have so much fun because it would hit full boost at like 2k rpm. I know for a fact a 62mm is good up to 600rwhp. A friends car had a 62mm on it and it was plenty for the street

Sounds like an awsome build! One thing tho, if you are going to turbo it i hope u are not going to use that 70mm. That thing with have so much turbo lag, u could put a 62mm on it and have so much fun because it would hit full boost at like 2k rpm. I know for a fact a 62mm is good up to 600rwhp. A friends car had a 62mm on it and it was plenty for the street
I would want something with a bit of future capability if i'm building the bottom end so much. Seems like a 70mm with like a .68 A/R wouldn't be very laggy for a V8 that can rev high if need be. I like 62's but they're all T3 flanges. Maybe like a 66mm with a .84 A/R.

Got a local (seriously good) hook-up for new Manley 18cc pistons:
MAN594100C-8-2.jpg

Can still switch to 23cc before he sends them to MMR after they give me the "boring" news - but we talked about it and think modulars like the extra bit of compression (should be 8.9 if standard bore, 9.0:1 or so .20 over) rather than 8.5:1 where it'd take extra boost to make up the bit of power loss - but i'd be able to run more boost total on 91 cotane Cali gas.

Attachments

• MAN594100C-8-2.jpg
    MAN594100C-8-2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 72
sweet, i guess a ported pi swaped, cammed 4.6 just isnt enought, she's gonna be a bad b%$&h when your done with her....
Oh it's enough. I just like to stay busy and keep scouting for deals. I've resold half a dozen parts already (not from this build) and it helps keep the hobby going. It's good to maintain relationships with connections for pricing. MMR will throw in a lot of stuff for someone they know is going to come back for more - along with other places; especially in this economy. I've told MMR to take their time and when its done to sit on it. Then eventually send it when they have a block going to SD anyways to save of freight.
To me this is as fun as the install and almost as much as pressing the throttle down after done. It's the tuning and fine bits like fuel rail maxing out that are what annoys me. So i'm dragging this out for as long as I can stand it.

Still reppin SN95 krew!!

Very Nice Chris! That Cobra pump is more than enough, and is reliable, which is not something said about most aftermarket oil pumps.

You did a great job putting this motor together on a budget!
Proves you don't have to drop serious coin to play, just have to be patient, and be ready to jump on a deal when it comes around.

Very Nice Chris! That Cobra pump is more than enough, and is reliable, which is not something said about most aftermarket oil pumps.

You did a great job putting this motor together on a budget!
Proves you don't have to drop serious coin to play, just have to be patient, and be ready to jump on a deal when it comes around.
Thanks Emerson. Yeah, i may contact you guys about rings/bearings and ARP studs soon.

Are you planning on running those beehive valve springs. You might want to get some better ones if those aren't the larger of the 2 that Comp cams makes. Some blower cams with a 114 lsa would be a complement.

Nice find on the parts. I'm going with the Trick Flow heads with the 38cc CC and maybe an edelbrock intake to top it off.