New (returning) member from Beaumont Tx

TexasFireman

15 Year Member
Jun 12, 2008
Beaumont Tx
New, but returning, member from Beaumont Tx, about an hour east of Houston. I was on here before (txfireman), but its been probably 10 years.

I have had:

83 LX hatch
88 GT
89 GT
91 LX hatch
90 notch

All of those were pre-marriage. I sold my last one, the 90 notch (unfinished) right before I got married in 2002. Since then I spent some time, and money, in 4x4 trucks and Jeeps. Anyway, I've been wanting to get back into a Mustang for my new project. The wife keeps trying to talk me into a Vette instead, but I cant do it lol.

So long story short, I'm on the hunt for my next Mustang. Have a Jeep I'm about to get rid of, and fund the start of my new Mustang (around $10K - $12K). Definitely staying with a fox body, and definitely want another notch.

This car will not be a daily driver, so I can go more radical than the previous cars, yet still want to enjoy it on the street. I look forward to all of the help I know I will receive.

• Sponsors (?)

After looking high and low, after looking at a bunch of JUNK that people wanted too much money for, and after missing out on a couple of cars I really wanted, I FINALLY found one!! Made the trip to Dallas today and picked it up. Its a 89 model 5-spd car. Already had the 93 Cobra wheels on it, and the other typical mods like K&N, exhaust, fuel press regulator, etc. Also already has sub-frame connectors, and a few other odds and ends. It does also have a complete Aeromotive fuel system on it. Not a mint, perfect 10 car, but also not a molested pile of junk like most of the ones I looked at. Anyway, here are a few pics of it at the previous owners house, and a few of it loaded on the trailer to come home. Not great pics, I'll get some better ones when I get it unloaded.

296b8e73.jpg

4278dfe5.jpg

1036d2e3.jpg

8df66b8f.jpg

48380573.jpg

7951bd99.jpg

c5053123.jpg

b7e3db71.jpg