New Revision from DiabloSports -Awesome-

ExHemidood

Apr 8, 2005
For those of you who have the DiabloSport tuner with your Steeda, or C&L, or whatever CAI may have been really disapponted in the drivabilty, especially between 2-4k rpm's. DiabloSport's recent revision makes the car much more drivable, it made a huge difference, throttle response is WAY better. Get it and it will put a smile on your face. Be sure to read all the directions, real important to put the original backup in before updating. Kudo's DiabloSport, Thanks Nick, you da man

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

Please use your PC interface kit, and download the DS downloader software to get the newest DiabloSport Predator revisions for 2005 Mustang GT, with or with out CAI calibrations, the features now added for extensive data monitoring and logging, memory recall, and global MAF adjustability take’s your DiabloSport Predator to the next level!

The revisions are all CROM file specific, not custom tunes, so everyone understands; these are replacements of the entire working software in the Predator. This means the calibration information, but also features of the Predator.

Each revision is specific to the Predator; a standard U7140 Predator will not accept the C&L or Steeda CROM file for download, and the same for the CAI specific Predator. That is why there are different revisions for the different Predators. You must use the proper revision for your Predator.

DiabloSport Predator ST7140/CL7140/U7140 Rev Update R10/R12/R14 - 4-13-05

Go to:

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads.php#Ford 2005 Mustang GT

The Following Predator revision has been posted: R10/R12/R14

Part #: ST7140/CL7140/U7140 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Reason: Address a part throttle, off idle soft spot issue, and added new features to the Predator.

• DMR Data Logger/Memory Recall - Click on:

http://www.diablosport.com/Downloads.php#Documentation (PDF)
for new parameters and instructions

• Global MAF Adjustment - 1% Increments, +/- 10%

Calibration ID:

fbhr2g4
fbhr184
fbhr2gz
fbjr3g5
fbjr2g3
fbjr3g4

Please contact DiabloSport with any questions.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport National Sales Manager
[email protected]

NickDiabloSport said:
Each revision is specific to the Predator; a standard U7140 Predator will not accept the C&L or Steeda CROM file for download, and the same for the CAI specific Predator. That is why there are different revisions for the different Predators. You must use the proper revision for your Predator.

Nick,

That brings up a question, then. Does that mean that if I buy a C&L intake kit with the Predator, and then later on decide I want to buy a supercharger, that I can't use that Predator with it? Most of the supercharger kits I see coming out include either a Predator or SCT, so would I have to buy another Predator? This may seem like a silly question, but maybe I just missed something somewhere.

Thanks!
B.W.

BigWorm2005GT said:
Nick,

That brings up a question, then. Does that mean that if I buy a C&L intake kit with the Predator, and then later on decide I want to buy a supercharger, that I can't use that Predator with it? Most of the supercharger kits I see coming out include either a Predator or SCT, so would I have to buy another Predator? This may seem like a silly question, but maybe I just missed something somewhere.

Thanks!
B.W.

From what I understand, you can get on the DS website and download any tunes that are available. So no, you would just need the one Predator.

The DiabloSport Predator will always accept custom tunes; the new version of Predator used in the 2005 GT application actually holds five custom calibrations. End users can run up to five calibrations, street, track, pump fuel, race fuel, nitros oxide, supercharger, etc.

The revision or CROM file update, R14 for example, is the base software in the Predator, calibrations, features everything has been updated, not just adding a calibration or “custom tune”.

When the Predator is set up specifically for a manufacturer, like in the CAI applications, the base CROM files are different, and can not be crossed. Adding a custom tuned calibration from a CMR dealer is an extra calibration added to the tool, and does not replace the base calibration. When the custom tune is removed the original calibration is there in the tool.

The factory original calibration is saved in the Predator on first use of the tool, and can only be removed when “restore original back up” is done. This also unlocks the Predator from the specific vehicle.

As only with DiabloSport Predator, any calibration, even the factory original, can be saved to a PC, attached and sent by e-mail, to be used in custom tuning by CMR dealers or DiabloSport. See your users’ manual for details.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]

The new DSP software update seems to be working great and I am seeing smoother overall power/torque.

However one word of warning when installing the update to your Predator....Re-boot your PC, this will clear any programs that are taking up memory. Shut down all programs running in the background on you PC. This includes you Internet access (after first downloading all the updates you need from DS). I had the update stall 3 times on me while trying to upload the crom file into the DSP. This happened before I did all the previous steps. Once I did all of this, the DSP took the update and I proceeded to the backup of the OEM tune into the DSP and re-load of the performance tunes. So, take your time and don't get rushed. Just a word of cautious experience here.

One DiabloSport - Two 2005 Mustang GTs

I am ordering this tuner (Mac MAF and/or removal of vapor trap causing engine warning light) and now I am learning about all the other parameters that can be tuned. Cool!

Question: I have a 2005 GT Coupe and 2005 GT Vert. Do I need two tuners or can I use one? The profiles for each car will be different as the Vert is a 5-Speed on stock wheels and the Coupe is automatic. Also, the Coupe has the aftermarket 3.73 gear upgrade on 18" wheels (275-40 tires).

Thanx for the help and the education.

DiabloSport Predator is locked to a vehicle once you download the factory original calibration. Restoring the original back-up will release the Predator to be used on another vehicle, but you can only flash one vehicle at a time.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]

All Predators are updated before shipping from our manufacturing facilities. You have to keep in mind that a distributor may not update his inventory before shipping, so always check the Rev number on power up on a new Predator.

The ability to update revisions and add custom tuning to a Predator makes it the fall down easy, versatile, never grows old programmer. No matter what bolt on modifications you choose down the road a program change can always be made with out any more then an e-mail, and download.

Factor in adjustability and diagnostic features, Predator is hard to beat.

It may take a few days to make, test and release revisions on our part, but the market has no other manufacturer who offers the convenience of this feature, because it’s not easy to do.

We continue to dyno test and tune 2005 GT everyday. We will keep everyone in the hottest and most well thought out calibrations we can. We value the input we get from the forums, and look forward to answering what ever questions we can.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]

NickDiabloSport said:
We continue to dyno test and tune 2005 GT everyday. We will keep everyone in the hottest and most well thought out calibrations we can. We value the input we get from the forums, and look forward to answering what ever questions we can.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]

Nick,
Any ETA on a revision to enable the ability to modify the traction control?

NickDiabloSport ... can you tell how the testing is doing with the kit that goes with the ati procharger. ?? I'm worried about the tunes for the SC and wonder if you have info or tests to show what the stock 05 motor can take. thanks..

I will have to get my engineering department’s advice, time wise, on the traction control question. I know people are asking for this, and we would love to have it already in the Predator. It’s sometimes the manufacturer wanting to make something hard to change, and they can be pretty good at it when they feel it is important enough. We continue to work at it, and a revision download makes it easy to get, when we do. Hang in there….

We are working with many supercharger companies on 2005 GT; we have had some great power numbers, in manual as well as automatic vehicles and seen no engine issues.

Many manufacturers will be releasing kits soon, I can not steal any thunder with talk at this point, but standard and high output kits will be made.

Safety is all about how far you wish to push the limits of factory parts, the fuel you are capable of getting to run in the vehicle, driving style, etc. Everyone has to make their own decisions on the kind of power you’re trying to make. And what the risk is can depend on these decisions.

We test these vehicles to what we feel are the limits. We test with low and high boost kits, with and with out fuel system modifications, air inlet and exhaust modifications. We have done fairly extensive nitros oxide vehicle testing. We dyno tune and track test all of these applications, and have seen, nor heard of, engine issues in the 2005 Mustang GT in any DiabloSport tuned vehicles.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]

ok for us squids who haven't done a CAI (which i assume is cold air intake) or a tuner (which I assume is like a power commander for my bike) what is the majority opinion on what's the best combination to buy? I hate getting something only to realize there was something better. :shrug:

Thanks nick for the info and taking time to answer our questions. I know the prochager kit is claming 525+ hp 450rwhp and just wanted to know if the old girls got it in her to run like that without any known issues after some time. and yes.. if I can I will push it to that high >:)

Just remember good engine parts are an important part of any high output plans.

My back ground is in the engine business and I say from experience, make the investment in a good piston and rod combination, head bolts and someone with a mod motor track record to put it all together.

This always makes calibration an easier task, because pushing the edge is a safer prospect. Good fuel, Amoco/BP, Sunoco and Mobil top the list, and some dyno time to fine tune air fuel are your best bet for solid horsepower and safe long engine life.

I repeat we have seen no engine issues in the new 3V 4.6L 2005 Mustang GT with Supercharger or Nitros Oxide application vehicles tuned by DiabloSport.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
[email protected]