New Stang for the Dart motor.

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
Well I was going to put my RNH built Dart 347 into my vert, but after realizing how much I was going to have to spend on saftey equipment, and probably a full cage if I wanted to launch hard, I decided to find another car for it. I wasnt happy with the thought of permanent changes to the vert. So here is option B. It is a 92 LX 5.0 It has a mostly stock 302 and T-5 in it with a full exhast and 4:10s in the rear. The odo has the car at 105,000 but it may be more since the car was originally from florida. It had a clean title, but aslo said it was milage exempt. Not sure what that means though. The body and interior are near perfect, but the paint on the roof and the top of the spoiler are shot. The rest of the paint cleaned up great. It is a dark metalic blue that I havent seen before. The interior is in good shape also. I will be driving it for about a month to make sure everything is solid and track down a few annoying squeaks and rattles. Then I am pulling the motor and trans and putting it in my vert. Once the vert is up and running I can get to work on this car. I want to have them both road worthy in 2-3 months. I paid 3500 for it, and it saved me from having to buy a roll bar, hood, and 4:10 gears for the vert. So all in all I actually spent about 1500 and ended up with 2 Mustangs because of buying this one.

100_3527.jpg

View attachment 328330

100_3611.jpg

Updates on post #8

• Sponsors (?)

That car looks good. Where in Pa you from?

Im just north of lancaster. My son-inlaw to be and I rented a 28 by 40 foot garage to work on our cars. He bouht my old custom 70 C-10, and I have both the stangs. I figure the money I spend on the Fox bodies and garage is still far less than buying a new Mustang GT which I had considered for a while.

Im going to put the new motor and trans in the LX along with some sub frame connectors and start running it at the track, keeping the rest of the car stock for now. Then as I change parts or reduce weight I can see what each step was worth.

I havent had to buy sub-frame connectors in about 7-8 years, so any one have reccomendations

thanks for the comments on the LX guys!

update

Well, I finally got done swapping the the motor, trans, and PCM from the LX to the Vert. The vert is back to stock now except for the gears and exhaust. I took it to work a couple of times and it drives perfect. Its not inspected yet becuase it still has dumps on the exhaust, so I have to change that first.

I got the Dart 347 into the LX to start figuring things out, so I just thought I would put up some pics of the garage I rent with my son-inlaw, and of the stangs also. The LX should be up and running in a few weeks if all goes well, but it will take alot longer to get it race ready. It will be on the road, but it is slow at my job and money keeps getting tighter, so I have to wait to put on the DR's, sub-frames, and performance tune. It will have a break in tune done to it, and the perfromance tune is next on the list. Thanks for looking!

100_3709.jpg

100_3714.jpg

100_3710.jpg

100_3711.jpg

100_3713.jpg

ya, the former owner had a SC and a power pipe on the motor and apparently a BFH to make it fit. Im going to fill and smooth it out for now. Then if I ever decide to smooth out the engine bay I will fix it right.

ya, the former owner had a SC and a power pipe on the motor and apparently a BFH to make it fit. Im going to fill and smooth it out for now. Then if I ever decide to smooth out the engine bay I will fix it right.

not just any powerpipe, I would guess an anderson ford motorsports mondo bypass kit. Its some big freakin' piping for big blowers. A friend has the setup on his race model T-Trim. He didn't beat the hell out of his strut tower, he just dented the powerpipe a bit.