New suspension, what to buy?

caseman22

5 Year Member
Jul 18, 2018
Delware
Hey guys! First post.

I just bought a 2000 GT. It needs new shocks and struts. I found someone selling stock shocks, struts, springs , lower arms. they were take out of a 2001 GT at 2000 miles. I don’t want to lower the car and don’t need anything special. Should I buy these or some other aftermarket shocks and struts? Probably looking to spend $100 - $400.
TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I just put Koni STR.T shocks and struts on my 2K GT---huge improvement. They can typically be bought for less than $400 for the set of four, shipped. I purchased them online from Shock Warehouse...they run specials from time to time. I recommend you avoid someone else's 17yo takeoffs in this case.

I just put Koni STR.T shocks and struts on my 2K GT---huge improvement. They can typically be bought for less than $400 for the set of four, shipped. I purchased them online from Shock Warehouse...they run specials from time to time. I recommend you avoid someone else's 17yo takeoffs in this case.
Yeah, they look good but parts still wear out with time. So maybe it's not worth the risk. Did you replace the coils?

No, I wanted stock ride height due to some of the roads I drive and my driveway angle of attack. I did shocks, struts, fr/rr sway bars, rear up/low control arms, and subframe connectors. Stiffened it up a bit and stopped the row boat feeling.