New Thermostat Housing

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
A few years ago I purchased that cheap arse chrome t-stat housing and it was cheap arse :rlaugh:

I saw this one in 5.0 mag this month:

http://performancesst.com/customer/product.php?productid=98&cat=30&page=1

I know it's a pretty penny, but Im looking at it for a show car. Has anyone evey heard anything about this piece, the company or any other of their products?

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming you don't want to go with the chrome one again because it leaked? Mine leaked too because it warped, but I just use one full gasket and the bottom half of a second gasket. No leaks and it's blingy. There's no way I could justify spending $160+ on a T-stat housing.

I got mr,gasket's chrome housing it was $40 somewhat dollars and my hand was shaking. For $165 i get my heads re-done...

BUT it's your money, use it when you want it :)

You got a link for that? Im trying to put together a show engine bay over the next year. Cost is not "no objective", but it's not the "major" factor right now.

I dont like that big bulky stock one and the FMS chrome one is a piece of crap!

Thanks
RC

I have the CSR billet one...actually I have two, one on the car and one laying in a box somewhere. I lost the o ring and was too lazy to track it down so i just bought a whole new housing. The look pretty good. I know if you remove the clear coat, you can polish them up real nice too.

I have the CSR billet one...actually I have two, one on the car and one laying in a box somewhere. I lost the o ring and was too lazy to track it down so i just bought a whole new housing. The look pretty good. I know if you remove the clear coat, you can polish them up real nice too.

Got a pic, P/N or link for that one?

RC

Got a pic, P/N or link for that one?

RC

csi-9111c_w.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CSI%2D9111C&N=700+400179+4294872710+115&autoview=sku

**** they got cheaper!!!

<table id="recordSet" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="partno" width="100">MRG-9713 </td> <td class="description"> Mr. Gasket Chrome Water Necks
Thermostat Housing, Ford 289/ 302/ 351W, O-Ring, 90-Degree, Chrome
</td> <td width="50"> 5/19/08</td> <td class="price" width="75"> $23.95</td></tr></tbody></table>