New Tires, Alignment. Car Pulls Right

DZ408

Mar 11, 2016
IMG_3097.JPG
On going saga with my 2016 GT, automatic.

After modding, stock pirelli's weren't cutting it, just had some mickey thompson street comps installed. Punched it when I left, car pulled hard right. Went back and had alignment done. A little better but still pulls slightly. Only under hard acceleration. Alignment specs included. Any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

Has the car been lowered? Are there any suspension mods? I've seen a few of these cars with the rear cradle installed askew, Steeda make a locator to eliminate the movement in the rear cradle. It is possible if these bolts are not torque properly that the entire rear cradle has moved. Why was the prior measurements so far away from the current? What Happened?

@84Ttop I've read a few places that there are a couple bolts that should be loosened to allow the suspension to settle after making a modification to the rear. Do you know which bolts those are? maybe something got tweaked out of spec from the impact and even with an alignment it won't track correctly.

Could it just be tramlining kind of effect that is getting more pronouncing with new wheels?

Don't know if it is just me but even without staggered tires I get tracking issues, maybe from the wider rear track on the S550's?

Last edited:
@84Ttop I've read a few places that there are a couple bolts that should be loosened to allow the suspension to settle after making a modification to the rear. Do you know which bolts those are? maybe something got tweaked out of spec from the impact and even with an alignment it won't track correctly.
I've heard of the 4 subframe bolts needing to be loosened to square a subframe that is askew, for this reason alone I installed the Steeda locators. They were 20 some dollars if I remember correctly and now I can remove the subframe and reinstall without worry of re aligning the car