New tires for stock ponies. Need help!!

I have a stock 90 mustang GT and im going to need some new tires. I have the factory " pony " rims. Im also wanting the staggered look. Larger tires in the Rear and smaller in the front. here are the sizes im thinking of getting. Do yall think these will fit?

245/50/16- Rear
225/50/16- Front

Send me some pics too if you have this set up. Thanks!

Im also open to suggestion or advice.. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have a stock 90 mustang GT and im going to need some new tires. I have the factory " pony " rims. Im also wanting the staggered look. Larger tires in the Rear and smaller in the front. here are the sizes im thinking of getting. Do yall think these will fit?

245/50/16- Rear
225/50/16- Front

Send me some pics too if you have this set up. Thanks!

Im also open to suggestion or advice.. thanks!

You can do 255/50/16 out back. Only about 0.3" taller

Most guys run 245/50/16's. Stock size is 225/55/16. If you really want the staggered look, i'd do 225/55/16 front and 245(255)/50/16 out back

But...a lot of guys run 245/50/16's all around. That's what I did when i had my pony wheels

I have that exact tire combination on my pony wheels, they fit perfectly, even with the quad shocks.

Attachments

• DSC05414.JPG
    DSC05414.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 101
can i get the size 50 and still lower the car without rubbing??

what type of springs or set up do i need to have that aggressive stance look... for instance.. the rear of the car is higher than the front..and it slopes from the back to the front of the car

I have kumho ecsta tires on my car 245-50-16 on pony wheels.. I just looked for a new set.. They are 80 bucks on tire rack.. Good cheap tires.. I have had them about 20000 miles so far.. Doing burnouts and beating them.. Gonna replace them in June for inspection.been a good tire overall though.. Buying them again..