New To Forum, Back Into Mustangs

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 215073

Years ago I owned an 85 GT. Now almost 15 years later, I now own a 93 GT.

I've lurked here for awhile, lots of good knowledge, and activity. Looking to restore my 93, and do some bolt on stuff to make it a good clean driver. Needs the usual floorpan patches (hooefully), some surface rust (I live in Cheyenne), and suspension and chassis work. Previous owner(s) did some bolt on parts like Hooker equal length shorty headers, and Series 10 mufflers which are way too loud for my taste. Other than that the car is stock, smog pump has been removed. Found the IAT sensor was installed into the coolant port, and the Coolant temp sender was installed in the air side of the intake. The Temp sensor was defective also, and I think I have a dead O2 sensor on bank 1. Interior needs some minor stuff, body needs some work as well.

Been a mechanic most of my adult life, now I work on tractors and heavy(ish) equipment. Still learning OBD1 as it wasn't very common at the shops I worked at. OBD2 was far more common.

IMAG0070_zpskvgon3pw.jpg

IMAG0071_zpsrot1hda9.jpg

IMAG0072_zps5isb3rpw.jpg

IMAG0073_zpszwohz0n8.jpg

IMAG0078_zpsxeh3vnbx.jpg

IMAG0076_zpsgiieolub.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Clean car looks really straight,good starting point for a progress thread in the '79-95' section :) many people will stop in to offer advice/suggestions//useless banter.
lol
Welcome to Stangnet

I'm hesitant to start a build thread. Reason being is I don't have a whole lot of expendable income to go to the car right now. I'm hoping to get the O2 sensors replaced, floors patched, torque boxes, F/L subframe connectors, and control arms installed this summer. I'll post a build thread when I get the parts for all that. Maybe some new shocks and struts to hopefully get rid of the horrible clunks when driving over bumps.

I have a list of stuff already, and it keeps growing. The doors need some TLC such as hinge pins, door checks, window seals and trim, window guide bushings, lock actuators, etc. The pinch welds underneath and the subframe rails are hammered as well from people not jacking the car up correctly.

In the mean time it sits in my garage out of the weather, and gets driven on nice days.

Welcome to stangnet.

Your Mustang is a great starting point. I like it.

I look forward to seeing your progress when the parts start to come in.

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to Stangnet! You picked the perfect forum to gain some great knowledge and direction for anything you want to do with your Fox.

If you need anything from Late Model Restoration (lmr.com) such as product questions or the discount code, I am your contact!

I've ordered some window motors so far. And my list is mainly from you guys. Your website is easiest to navigate, and I like the bundled parts packages you offer. Thanks LMR!

I've ordered some window motors so far. And my list is mainly from you guys. Your website is easiest to navigate, and I like the bundled parts packages you offer. Thanks LMR!