New to forum. Projects, and more Projects

Hello, my name is matt i live in Washington. I am new to the forum and some what new to mustangs. I have a couple projects right now, One of them is my wifes 1966 Sport Sprint Mustang coupe. My wife has been hounding me to restore this car for her, and to be honest... I have never wanted to, the entire quarter panel on the passenger side was stuffed in the trunk by a garbage truck, she has been holding on to this car for years before we got together. Well recently i came across a 65 shell for $350. needless to say i jumped on it. We are waiting for the weather to warm up and the rain to stop so we can sand blast the shell and get it put back together. Its my wife's car so we are keeping the Sport Sprint 200, Well i had envisioned my self finding a wrecked 5.0 and throwing every thing from a Fox Body into her car :nice:.

Then i realized she would never let me run the car at the track or for god sakes burn the tires a little here and there.... so i bought myself a Fox body! :D
actually i bought my self 2!! I came across an 88 GT hatchback stuffed in this guys garage that was left to sit for 2 years.... It was safe to say this guy ran her hard and put it away wet. It was in need of a desperate tune up, and the need of a little work on the passenger side quarter panel behind the door didnt scare me. The guy wanted $700 i just couldnt walk away! I had a feeling the motor was shot so i picked up an 87 GT with shot interior, and a rebuilt title for $1000. BUT! here is the kicker it had only 25,000 miles on a fresh rebuild. after i tore down the top end on the 88 and cleaned it all up, new clutch, new seals and gaskets, the normal replaced hoses here and there it ran awesome!!! so now i have 2 motors in great shape... so after spending $1700 here is the parts i have uncoverd between the 2 cars...

two Short throw shifter kits a B&M Ripper, and a Pro 5.0 Power Tower

two Aluminum Drive shafts

two Borg Warner 5 speeds in great shape!

two sets of headers a BBK set and a MAC set

Aftermarket cam
MSD ignition
2 sets of brand new tires
140mph speedo
and some more goodies

the Pictures!
Here is my Wifes 66 in Current shape. And the 88. I will upload some more later.

Attachments

• 66 mustang.jpg
    66 mustang.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 88 mustang1.jpg
    88 mustang1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to :SNSign: ,Matt!! Looks like you have your work cut out for you on the wife's car, but I think it benefit you in more ways than one to get it back in shape. Great deals on your two fox bodies. Looking forward to more pic's. :nice:

thanks! yeah every thing on the 66 is in decent shape to be cleaned up and reused. the interior wasnt that bad the expensive stuff is reusable which is a good thing for sure. the shell i picked up just needs to be soda blasted and primed. and i can start putting her back together.

here is a couple shots of the engine comeing out of the 87. looks dirty as hell but we pulled it apart and it is clean as can be on the inside, still has the warrenty stamps from the rebuild all over it.

Attachments

• 0_1.jpg
    0_1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 91
  • 1_1.jpg
    1_1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 84