New to fox!

Hmdballa219

Aug 31, 2020
hobart, in
hello all, just sold my 18 mustang GT the other day, and picked up my all time favorite, fox body! It's an 83, has a stroker 347 with a c4 trans. Looking to super charge, but having issues seeing any made for those years they all say 86-93 nothing with pre 86, is it cause its carbureted? Never had a carberutor car before this. Thank you.

• Sponsors(?)

KRUISR

Apr 16, 2015
Most supercharger kits are for EFI. Carbs can be supercharged with modern blowers but require either a blow through carb or a sealed box to put carb in.

Paxton made the supercharger for the 1966 Shelby's back in the 60's, so it is not a new thing, just likely not a great deal of demand and hence less advertising for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ryuk

Hmdballa219

Aug 31, 2020
hobart, in
So realistically its doable, just a pain in the ass? Any systems that are set up for it already? That anyone cans send me in the right direction?

CarMichael Angelo

clearly, I’ve got something going on in that hole
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
So realistically its doable, just a pain in the ass? Any systems that are set up for it already? That anyone cans send me in the right direction?
It’s far from a pain in the ass. A blow thru carb is available from more than a few mfg’s. The one I considered using before I converted my thinking over to efi, was a Quick Fuel carb, ( now purchased, and part of the Holley name brand). Q Ban 750 is what you’re looking for.
It ain’t cheap.

The biggest hurdle you’ll have to deal with is fuel distribution. On a N/A ford engine, it’s typically the outside 4 cylinders that run lean, (1,4,5,8),..It was always 7and 8 that I had to watch when I was running a plate nitrous/carb combo. I don’t know for sure if putting a blower hat on a carb, and forcing air/fuel into the engine will change that, it seems like it might.
One thing that you’ll have to look very serious at will be a very good single plane intake.

Last edited:

Hmdballa219

Aug 31, 2020
hobart, in
Oh wow, ya that is a bit of money for a carb lol so no sets come like ready to slap on for a carbed motor then correct?
Little more in depth and intense then I thought it would be.
Any other options for more power on a 347 then?