New To Mustang

DucatiMustangMan

Aug 29, 2017
Hi. I just ordered my 2018 Mustang GT. I'm currently in (and selling) my 2017 STI. This is my first Mustang.

I was wondering (and I know I'm going to have to wait until closer to the launch date) if anyone can recommend some good/cheap mods to get me over 500hp? The car comes stock with 460HP so hopefully a couple grand can get me there. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hi. I just ordered my 2018 Mustang GT. I'm currently in (and selling) my 2017 STI. This is my first Mustang.

I was wondering (and I know I'm going to have to wait until closer to the launch date) if anyone can recommend some good/cheap mods to get me over 500hp? The car comes stock with 460HP so hopefully a couple grand can get me there. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Welcome! I'm assuming you are talking 500hp flywheel due that is what 460HP is rated at. For our cars (2015-2017) there are performance packs released by Ford to get close to that point. However, the 2018 packages may take a while to come out due the changes to the platform,.

My recommendation is the Roush Supercharger Kits over the performance packs due to the gain is huge compared to the hp/dollar value.

You'll be at 460 flywheel, and a good tune can net you another 30-35 hp. If you already have a tuning device, then just tunes will cost you from 100-500 depending on who you get them from. If you need the device, you could spend another 400-700

Hi. Thanks both for the replies. I actually have a Cobb AccessPort v3 for my STI. I will look up if that will work.

So basically, I can get that much HP from just a tune without parts? That would be cool to hold me over until the supercharger comes out.