New to mustangs

kevbot

Mar 29, 2020
Fargo
Hi All,
New to mustangs and the forums, I purchased a 66 coupe with no motor/trans. I decided to go the 5.0 EFI w/ T5 route so I picked up a 87 fox that was far from perfect.
I have motor and trans out, now just deciding if I should rebuild the 5.0 or just throw it in and run it for awhile, its got 104k.

Looks forward to wrenching on it more, but really want to get it up and running this summer.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!!

Even an old EFI 5.0 can make that 66 a load of fun. I say get it in, running, and everything up to speed. A running “mock up” I would say. Enjoy it for a while and then if you want to rebuild, go for it.
And everyone here is going to want to see pics! ..... and more pics!

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome buddy.
We need some more information here:
  1. Pictures of Both Mustangs
  2. Some simple plan thoughts like Making a DD, a Rat Rod, A plaything etc.
  3. What you are planning to do with the Fox doner car (someone may want that as a roller in the end)

Pulled out of storage:
mustang purchase.jpg

At home:
mustang garage 1.jpg

mustang garage 3.jpg

Attachments

• mustang purchase.jpg
    mustang purchase.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 2 users
Holy :poo: man, I didn't know this was a "Low Budget Build". (Stares at Busch Light case in corner of picture) :D

That is a very nice looking 66 there. Make Yourself a "Progress" thread in the Classic Section. I am very interested in how this will turn out.

On the Fox. If that has a "clear title" still, I am sure that many people will be interested in a roller for a build project. I would be except that is a convertible and the bane of my current project LOL

The fox has a really clean body with no rust on the quarters, fenders, or rockers. Would love to keep it but I do not have time to work on two cars.

For the current 66 it has a 9" currie rear end, Russel Disc's all around (not hooked up), undercoated, interior redone. I will try and get some photos loaded before the body work was completed, that was done by the previous owner.
The plan is to make it a fun little summer cruiser!

On the way
Ron Morris motor mounts
Moderndrive line trans mount

Soon to order
EFI fuel tank with pump
Painless or RMP wire harness
MAF sensor
Brake lines
Fuels lines