New To Site

stepterr

May 23, 2017
Hi All! New to the site and looking forward to sharing and learning. I've got a 1987 GT 5.0 ragtop. The car has been in my family since I was a kid and it's what I learned how to drive on. I just inherited it and very excited to have it in time for summer.

Attachments

• IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    839.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5408.JPG
    IMG_5408.JPG
    522.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Nice mustang, pretty cool it's what you learned to drive in too.

Snoop around our '79-'95 subforums, that's where us fox fanatics hangout. You'll get lots of help there.

Got any plans for the car?

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to Stangnet it's great to have you here. Beautiful Mustang you inherited very nice and convertible too! Definitely make sure you checkout the 79-95 subforums you will find a lot of good information there. Do you have any plans for your Mustang? Any mods?

Thanks! Its still mostly stock but we do have some plans for it. Right now we've stuck with the quick minor cosmetic fixes. Most of the plastics inside were still in pretty good shape but some were definitely showing their age or snapped/missing so we've switched a few pieces out. Its been garaged since day one so the body is in great shape with a few minor dings and one spot where the paint is chipped a little. We'll get those fixed at some point.

We got it about 2 months ago and were doing the standard tune ups first with some upgrades as we went. Had the distributor go out on us during a ride and had to get a tow to a shop for a replacement. Was still running a little awkward afterwards so I've already been poking around the 79-95 subforums quite a bit. Great info in there! Now we are having trouble getting it started but I've been going through the crank/no start checklist that has been shared and learning a lot! I'm expecting some parts today and keeping my fingers crossed that we resolve the issue. I'll definitely post in the subforum if we still can't get it started though.