new to stangnet 1970 mustang coupe

deadmanrob

Jul 20, 2007
hey every1 im new here to stangnet my names rob and i have a 1970 ford mustang coupe with a 302 cid pretty much everything ive done to it and all that info is on my cardomain here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2560576/1
go ahead check it out lemme know whatcha think shes came a long way hopefully if i have the time this tues ill be welding in the new front floorboards taken the doors apart to greas up the innards , fixing the little roof blemish i have left , and custom fitting a new battary holder under the hood . hopefully a little more then that but thats what im shootin for for tuesday before i go back to work . oh and putting the back bumper on and slappin 4 new shoes on her. if i get all that done itll be somthing ill have to start around 8 am though cuz that florida heat'll kill you . anyway check me out lemme know what you think input or hell even if you have any spare parts u dont need or wanna sell for a good price mainly just interior pieces . the 2 rear windows cranks center consol ect.

• Sponsors (?)

yea

thanx for the welcome and actually i didnt have to try to hard to get her started i gave her an oil change when i got her and i pulled the gas tank and replaced the sending unit in it and the gas came out blood red ha ha stunk the block up for a few weeks even after i disposed of it . put new gas in it went to start her up and found some stole the battery out of it so when i got a battery i cranked her up and she just yelled like i was goin down the track . the gas pedal was stuck down so i pulled it up with my hand and oiled it and worked it until it didnt stick again tried it again and did the same thing , the throttle cable was stuck too so i did the same worked it and tried her a third time and she jsut sat there at a beautiful blub blub blub blub i reved her a lil to see is she sputtered and didnt the least bit after sittin for roughly 10 years. was started once within that time period , if you check the notes on my car domain youll see the storey thus far fromt hat i have all my ntes and what ive done to it on another forum ill post em on here for every1 to see what ive been up to on it . this tues i am putting in new floorboards cleaning her up a little i might even use a little primer to make a lame design on it for chuckles until i can get a paint job lol and the spot on the roof w ll be fixed tues as well . hopefully with what im doing then ill have her with new shoes and at least driveable to where i can maybe rent a place with better work conditions in it . right now as you see its in my front yard but down the street about a mile there garages you can rent . i dunno ill stop babbeling and post when i get all my notes together

ok well heres some of the updates i quit copy and pasten cuz i think i started runnin my posts and updates together blah oh well lets see if you can seifer this out

03/13/07
well i finally got a lil time from work to work on my 1970 coupe and didnt get alot done but got enough to please me . i painted the ugly red fan blade that was faded pink , i painted it black. but the primary thing is i put the hood back on it (which was off when i bought it ) took a billion gallons of liquid wrench to loosen the hood springs back up to close it. took the gas tank out and took out the sending unit replacing it with a 70 mach 1's stainless steel one. and painted the tank black . also placed the taillights back into the car which was also out when i got it . the back bumper is going to need to be replaces being that it was slightly bent with a little surface rust and while it was sitting behind it some1 seemed to have stepped on it where it was sitting and split the metal where it was bending and i dont feel like re chroming the front so im probly just going to buy new ones . also i changed the oil and when it allllll came down to it at the end of the day i was too annoyed to start the body work being that when i put the tank back in and got ready to start her up again and here her purrrr after all this loven i went and realized some1 snagged my battery...... some1 had the pair o nuts to come in my yard and take my effing battery . so.... i made sure that hood got put back on and went and refilled my paintball gun co2 tank.... come take somthin else i need target practice. anyway all in all i didnt get to hear her run but was a pretty prosperous day . heres a link of the pictures when i first got her home and the storey behind her is on this link . ill be updaten the newer picture when i get off work friday afternoon http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2560576 anyway im not sure who cares about everything i just said ha ha but figured some1 might get a laugh or two at me

03/14/07
well sense it has been sitting it was somwhat covered . i looked underneath and the most rust under there is a lil surface on the exhaust pipes . the engine has abour 47,000 original miles . was low mileage when my uncle got it in 80 and sat there pretty much since then . we turned the engine over by puttin a little gas in thecar and she cranked right up but turned it right back off being that i didnt wanna pull the crud from the tank . and thank god i did when i cleaned out the the tank the crap came out red/maroon . was sickening . looked like crap from a horror movie. so i got all the settlement it now cleaned out too . but anyway yea pretty much all i need to do to it is bodywork and cosmetic crap . but the front floorboards will need to be replaced. just the primary foot placement of the floorboard is the only thing rotted through so i got lucky there as well . i tell you what body dosent look superb but this was a hellova deal for $150 . its a beast.And atom thats gr8 to hear man keep me updated . being our stangs are so close to eachother id like to hear what you do with yours . could get some ideas .

03/18/07
well i found the suspect of the battery thief . my brother took it to let my uncle use it in his van until he charged his battery . well his battery isnt to be found from down at his house and when i went to get the battary from his van (which is parked by the road with the hood latch broken ) i foun that some1 took it str8 out of his van lmao so now i gotta go buy or find another battery.

03/27/07
well every1 the time came today i went to the store down the street and threw some gas in a tank brought it home and plopped it in the tank . hooked up the battary had it jumped off my stepdads truck (old battary from work out of a semi) put some water in the radiator and tried her out . took a few time to start her up first time i threw some gas in the carb she cranked but was reving like ultra high and died . so i took the keys out and realized the gas was sticking and the throttle was very loose as if the inside wasn't coming back out . step dad threw me some starting fruid and i used that cranked her up again and it happened again reved very high so we shut her off this time and i wd-40'd the throttle cable and the gas pedal and pumped it a couple times and worked like a charm . cranked her up again and she sat still at a beautiful sight of no shaking so clugging nothing just like she was new . theres no feeling like it . i didnt get to take pictures of the engine comp today but i took recording of the engine with my phone and sent it to my computer but wouldnt know how to throw it on here . this coming up friday ill have a lil money for supply and time to do the passenger side she gonna need a steering boot tires and i need to fix the front floorboards and shell be street legal .

04/14/07
well last weekend i got the entire back done bodys lookin nice includen the rear side passangers side and all except a spot on the roof , the passanger door and the passanger front fender are all done. those are all i need to do in the line of exterior butification. anyway a couple guys at work are workin on gettin me a 4bar mani for my 4 bar edelbrock. thats all ive gotten done the last few weeks sry i havent been keepin an update on it im sure some1 cares ha ha . i just havent had time i been workin so much latley anyway ill try and have some decent pictures up tommorow i finally have a day off so ima drink and be merry with my car. and if i got time my fiance ha ha j/k