New To Stangnet

91gtfox

Feb 19, 2015
Hey guys I'm new to Stangnet and I need some help with my fox I just got some 24lb injectors and a 98 cobra mass air. It has the same color wires, can I use this if I modify it to mount?

• Sponsors (?)

Hiya and welcome aboard. :)

No... Your computer is not setup to deal with either of those components. That mass air meter you have there will screw up your Mustang's entire world without modification to the EEC itself. In other words: You would require digital tuning at the very least in order to use that mass air meter.

Regardless, neither of these items together or separate, are going to increase the performance on your car. The things that you are trying to modify (in this thread) are both supporting mods. They are things that you would do because of an increase in HP and not for an increase in HP.

Hiya and welcome aboard. :)

No... Your computer is not setup to deal with either of those components. That mass air meter you have there will screw up your Mustang's entire world without modification to the EEC itself. In other words: You would require digital tuning at the very least in order to use that mass air meter.

Regardless, neither of these items together or separate, are going to increase the performance on your car. The things that you are trying to modify (in this thread) are both supporting mods. They are things that you would do because of an increase in HP and not for an increase in HP.
I have gt40 intake I was told that this mass air will work and it's calibrated with injectors

I have gt40 intake I was told that this mass air will work and it's calibrated with injectors

That intake is not enough to necessitate 24 lb injectors. HCI would though.

About the meter: Why would you pay to have an OEM meter calibrated for your EEC? Who's going to to that, ProM/PMAS? It's probably pretty close or cheaper to buy one their meters.

The cobra are already calibrated for 24lb injectors the mass air matches it and I know for a fact this intake performs better with 24 injectors a buddy did it but he had a different maf

The cobra are already calibrated for 24lb injectors the mass air matches it and I know for a fact this intake performs better with 24 injectors a buddy did it but he had a different maf

The EEC in your car and the EEC in the Cobra (what was it, a 98 that you said?) have very little in common. What's more is that the EEC in your car contains programming for your mass air meter and injectors.

Now a 93 Cobra is very similar to the A9L or A9P in your car. The difference is that the 93 Cobra EEC was specifically programmed for 24 lb injectors.

The 93 EEC is OBD1 while your 98 Cobra is OBD2.

There aren't many parts that just cross from platform to platform.

first off, welcome aboard. Second, as already pointed out, that maf is not designed for your car, two different platforms and electrical components that are not compatible will cause your car to run like wet poo poo if at all.

I
The EEC in your car and the EEC in the Cobra (what was it, a 98 that you said?) have very little in common. What's more is that the EEC in your car contains programming for your mass air meter and injectors.

Now a 93 Cobra is very similar to the A9L or A9P in your car. The difference is that the 93 Cobra EEC was specifically programmed for 24 lb injectors.

The 93 EEC is OBD1 while your 98 Cobra is OBD2.

There aren't many parts that just cross from platform to platform.
is just called jegs and try said worse problem I'd have it a rough idle it cannot hurt te computer, they said this mass air is actually to small because of the injectors and my car not being calibrated. But they said it has be done. Thank you or your input but I'm gonna give I a try, the fox computers aren't as sensitive as new tangs. Thanks again

I

is just called jegs and try said worse problem I'd have it a rough idle it cannot hurt te computer, they said this mass air is actually to small because of the injectors and my car not being calibrated. But they said it has be done. Thank you or your input but I'm gonna give I a try, the fox computers aren't as sensitive as new tangs. Thanks again

Good luck.