New to StangNet

K.C. Clem

Apr 20, 2018
Bradenton, Florida
Hi,
I'm new to StangNet. My son and I have been working on a 1993 Mustang L/X 5.0 5-sp. that we picked up last December. It was a good running car but rode terrible and had many small issues and miscellaneous rattles that needed addressed. We've spent a lot of time and money on it in the past few months and have now probably got it to the point where we've got more invested than it's worth. But that wasn't the point, we're both learning and having fun. We've put lowering springs and new shocks all around, new 2003 style Cobra wheels and tires, replaced a bad alternator with a new 135 amp unit, fixed several rattles including a loose dash bezel ( I may start a different thread on this, a case of poor engineering by Ford), replaced the shifter with a new Hurst shifter, installed new brakes all around, and will install a new front sway bar this weekend. He's excited to get on the road with it and have a cool Fox body Mustang to get to school in. My main issue now is a starting / idle issue that came up when we replaced the accelerator cable. I'll figure out where to post my question on that.

Looking forward to learning from all you experts.
K.C.

• Sponsors(?)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New to stangnet fixing up 92' LX 2.3L The Welcome Wagon 6
DarkFox I'm a new stangnet member and I am removing the :poo:ty early 90's alarm system in my car. Northeast Ohio failure here. The Welcome Wagon 21
F MVP Track Time 2020 Track Events & StangNet Invitation Regional Forums and Event Information 2
R Looking forward to Stangnet knowledge "Collective" 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
2 New to Stangnet forum The Welcome Wagon 1
J New to stangnet. The Welcome Wagon 3
S New to Stangnet 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
Eilermoon 2003 GT Convertible Owner - New to StangNet! The Welcome Wagon 1
3 New to stangnet. The Welcome Wagon 1
C new to stangnet The Welcome Wagon 3
6 Interior and Upholstery New to StangNet! Need help removng the rear interior. 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 1
S New to Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 1
Stang197 New to StangNet The Welcome Wagon 1
W Hey The Welcome Wagon 3
T Hi everyone, I joined Stangnet because I have a 1996 Mustang with multiple problems that I would like to repair 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
D New to Stangnet..... The Welcome Wagon 1
S New StangNet Member The Welcome Wagon 1
8 Finally Decided to Actually Join StangNet! The Welcome Wagon 2
A Progress Thread New to stangnet Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
G Newbie to StangNet The Welcome Wagon 1
0 New to StangNet 03 Cobra owner The Welcome Wagon 0
J Hello!! Long time sn95 fan new stangnet member The Welcome Wagon 1
A New to stangnet The Welcome Wagon 0
6 New to Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 5
T Greetings to all, new Stangnet member but not new to Mustangs Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
8 Hello Stangnet! Here's my 82 Fox! The Welcome Wagon 2
M New to Stangnet. The Welcome Wagon 1
R new to stangnet! 2014 RS3... The Welcome Wagon 1
0 New to stangnet. The Welcome Wagon 1
D Another newbie to Stangnet in Corona, CA - '88 The Welcome Wagon 7
Dscraggle Stangnet hello The Welcome Wagon 5
8 Hello Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 1
E New to StangNet! The Welcome Wagon 5
R Randyatbby new to Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 5
R New to stangnet with 66 convertible The Welcome Wagon 0
D Hello StangNet community... I'm new to the Forum. The Welcome Wagon 6
R New to StangNet but not Mustangs The Welcome Wagon 1
A New to Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 1
6 Hello from new stangnet member The Welcome Wagon 1
H New to StangNet The Welcome Wagon 1
H Newbi to stangnet. The Welcome Wagon 1
C New to Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 4
C New to StangNet...not new to Stangs. The Welcome Wagon 2
CarMichael Angelo Any takers an a Memphis Stangnet Meet up in September/October? Regional Forums and Event Information 1
CarMichael Angelo This just in: Woman gets blown out of plane, Dumb kid gets blown out of Stangnet. Details at 11. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 36
markinms Progress Thread Thanks Stangnet - A Big Help 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 7
J New to Stangnet. Just bought 88 LX Convertible The Welcome Wagon 4
J Lmr Stangnet Discount Code? 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 5
EBW83 Stangnet Newbie: Horsepower/torque Estimate For My 1983 Gt 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 10
T New To Stangnet The Welcome Wagon 6