New to the forum and trying to find my old fastback, suggestions?

goodbadugly

May 26, 2010
Hey everyone,

Trying to find my old car for sentimental reasons, it's probably been about 10+ years since I had my 65 Fastback and was wondering if anyone might know a good way to help locate the car, last known location was here in CA. I've done a little research and it seems that some of those reverse license plate online search services don't work in CA.

Maybe someone has other resources to look up my old license plate? anything would help...

thanks for the read and appreciate any assistance!

• Sponsors (?)

have you tried to search it with DMV? Do you know a cop that would be willing to search a plate for you?

Or since im a worst case senario type of guy, who are you trying to rip off?

DMV won't release any information and unfortunately I don't know any police who can run the plate for me. :(

If anything, the current owner will probably make a nice profit if I ever find them, last I heard it was in Oakland.

Unfortunately I don't have the VIN, just the plate that was on it. Hypothetically if someone could run a plate I could get the VIN associated with that plate and then use the VIN to see if it's been re-registered and try to track it down. :/

a thought just hit me on how you can get your old vin number. check with your insurance agent and see if they have the insurance records of your old car on file.

I've tried but unfortunately the insurance company doesn't keep data that long (it's been over 10 years since I've owned the car).

Appreciate the suggestion tho, cheers