New To The Forums, Not New To Mustangs

Singhe00

Jan 7, 2017
Howdy everyone, been lurking out there for a while, figure it's time to introduce myself.

Had the Mustang bug for 30 years and going. My first one was a 66 that is sitting in my garage as we speak. She's officially earned the term "rust-bucket" and is on her way to a much needed makeover. Resto-mod time! Given that when I bought her in 1986, she was beat to heck, and many years spent in the outdoors, resto-mod is the way to go.

I'll post pics sometime soon. Currently she's getting stripped and will be ready for blasting and repair later this spring. Oh, and did I mention she's getting the full coyote treatment? Yeah, this is going to be fun!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

i've seen a couple coyote swaps in a classic now, bunches of work!

You probably are already familiar with our Classic subforums. Best place for any help you might need.

They'll want you to start a progress thread of your build. Post lots and lots of pictures as you go along. We all like pictures here.

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to Stangnet.

i've seen a couple coyote swaps in a classic now, bunches of work!

You probably are already familiar with our Classic subforums. Best place for any help you might need.

They'll want you to start a progress thread of your build. Post lots and lots of pictures as you go along. We all like pictures here.

Good to have you with us.

Thanks, I'm looking forward it!

I've been taking the car apart. After many years of not running and sitting in my parents' field, she is in bad shape. The floor pan is Swiss cheese, and rust abounds. However, this is the first phase - asses the damage.

Fortunately, the rear windows are in good shape, and they came out today. Actually, all the windows are, so there's that.

Next comes the rest of the interior, then fuel and break lines. At that point, all is left on the car is the front suspension and the rear axle. Then the real fun begins.
IMG_0271.JPG IMG_1158.JPG View attachment 580520 IMG_1870.JPG IMG_1988.JPG IMG_2100.JPG IMG_2705.JPG IMG_3565.JPG View attachment 580526

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8523.JPG
    IMG_8523.JPG
    657.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user