New Tork Tech Videos

• Sponsors (?)

Update: Good news for people looking to do a budget build:

me:

So by dealing directly with Magnusun you may get a better deal. We'll see when Magnusun shoots me an email back.

very nice!

Since you are emailing with him, you should ask him to join our site(takes 30 seconds) and talk directly with us.

I see that as one of the main problems with mod motors. If you go on Honda, Fbody, Corvette, or other car sites, the sponsors, producers, shops, and other people are actively involved in all the threads about new products and existing products, on all the forums. Mustangs get very, very little of this. Link him to this, Chris.

very nice!

Since you are emailing with him, you should ask him to join our site(takes 30 seconds) and talk directly with us.

I see that as one of the main problems with mod motors. If you go on Honda, Fbody, Corvette, or other car sites, the sponsors, producers, shops, and other people are actively involved in all the threads about new products and existing products. Mustangs get very, very little of this. Link him to this, Chris.
Link him to the thread where I advise people to undercut their package deal by buying from the supplier? Lol

Yep I have been looking into torktech for awhile and planning on getting the intercooled kit. I will slap it on my stock stang and run it like that for awhile till I build me another motor. I plan on going to a 3v set-up and they have the adaptors for me to buy and I will already have the charger. If I'm pleased with the set up I may upgrade to the twinscrew charger later for my built motor.

Just was doing some calculations in my head if I really wanted this kit or not.

Intercooled Supercharger Kit for the '99-04 Mustang GT - $4499.99
Shipping kit to my house - $150
New Hood - Roughly $400
Painting new hood - Roughly $200
Some misc stuff that I know I will probably need, we will say $500, just to be safe.

So, total right now would be $5749.99 :( , give or take a little.
That sucks

New Hood - Roughly $400
Some misc stuff that I know I will probably need, we will say $500, just to be safe.

That sucks

see thats exactly why i didnt go tork tech. it looks cheaper than the kenne bell but you need a new hood and i said heck no. I like the stock hood and i also didnt wanna go through the pain of getting it painted too.

but i would like to see a video of a tork tech and a kenne bell GT racing with the same mods.

I am curious which is really the better setup. cant really compare dyno numbers. and the tork tech isnt any cheaper than a kb once its all said and done. unless you just modify the stock hood

I posted up a question about the difference between their "5th generation" M112 Eaton and a 03 cobra M112 - cuz it seems like the way to go would be finding a ported 03 cobra blower and using that instead of using the $999 upgrade TVS one, cuz i think a stock eaton would be too modest for my future goals.
I believe the differences between the two blowers are inlet design and fact that the 5th Gen comes with a low friction coating on rotors to improve tolerances. The 5th Gen might be "S" ported as well, but I'm not 100%.

The most major difference between the 5th Gen used with the Tork Teck kit and the 4th Gen used on the '03-'04 Cobra/Lightning is the inlet design. The Tork Tech inlet (as well as the intake tube) is much larger and less restrictive two piece unit and as such vastly improved over the Ford, or even the Kenne Bell/Whipple/Saleen/Roush inlets by comparison.

....as you can see by these pictures (below) posted by another SN member who upgraded his Saleen kit with the Tork Tech inlet. The Tork Tech intake is pretty mammoth by comarison.

CIMG3430.jpg

CIMG3411.jpg

CIMG3416.jpg

CIMG3426.jpg

CIMG3418.jpg

One of the members of this site you might really want to hear from is rfedd. He's also one of the persons responsible for bringing the Tork Tech kit to light. I've been in regular contact with him about the kit and he Emails me everytime they've got new results.

Most recently it was a bolt on '99-'04 Saleen putting out 520 rwhp and 549.50 rwt @ 14psi through just the blower and upper inlet of the Tork Tech kit. The owner believes at this point its the heads and Saleen lower intake that are holding him back. I guess we'll see where it goes from there. Oh....and as far as I know, this was all done on pump gas as well?

New Hood - Roughly $400

That sucks

see thats exactly why i didnt go tork tech. it looks cheaper than the kenne bell but you need a new hood and i said heck no. I like the stock hood and i also didnt wanna go through the pain of getting it painted too.

I thought I covered the cost comparison a while back? :scratch:

http://forums.stangnet.com/7557374-post12.html

How do you figure? The Tork Tech kit was the brain child of FAST Secialties and Charles from Magnum Powers (who I shouldn't need to tell you has one of the best reps for putting out a quality product in the industry). As such, the kit utilizes a 5th Generation 4-loeb Magnum Powers MP112 that's more than capable of running head to head with a 2.1L Kenne Bell twin screw. Add the fact that the Tork Tech comes standard with 42lb/hr injectors and a high flow fuel pump (Kenne Bell supplies their kits with 36lb/hr injectors and boost-a-pump band-aid...but has the 42's as an option for another $350).

The Tork Tech kit also comes standard with a large bore single blade oval throttle body, high flow intake tube and a 90mm Mass Air Meter with a shielded open element filter. Kenne Bell wants an additional $812.00 for the "big tube" kit, that includes switch chip upgrade, large diameter intake tube, throttle body and Mass air upgrade + another $153 for the cold air kit. The intake system is also only available with a maximum 75mm standard round bore throttle set up).

The Tork Tech kit comes with a heavier duty intercooler and heat exchanger, which (unless you want to run race gas in the tank and insane amounts of timing to make big dyno numbers like Kenne Bell does when testing their systems....)certainly comes in handy when trying to keep things pump gas friendly when swapping out pulleys for additional boost later on down the road.

Top it off with the fact that the Tork Tech comes standard with an 8-rib supercharger drive system (a $399 option with Kenne Bell) and I really can't see how anyone would think the Kenne Bell is a better kit?

If the M112 isn't enough power for ya....no sweat. Just upgrad to the 600hp capable TVS 1900 for an extra $1,000 and you're good to go. Sure, Kenne Bell has the option for the 2.6L which lets be honest, doesn't make a whole lot more power than that, but you're paying over twice as much for the blower upgrad.....and it won't even clear the stock hood on top of that!

Let's see what we've got???

Kenne Bell Standard 9-14psi kit.......$4,999........................Tork Tech kit......................$4,499
Hood modification (not necessary)...........................$0.............................Hood modification (option).............$199
High flow intake kit (option) ....................................$812.........................High flow intake kit (std)................$0
Cold air intake (option)..........................................$153..........................Cold air intake (std)......................$0
42lb/hr fuel injectors (option)..................................$350..........................42lb/hr fuel injectors(std)..............$0
Fuel pump upgrade (not an option)..........................$100..........................High Flow fuel pump (std)..............$0
8-rib drive pulleys (option)......................................$399.........................8-rib drive pulleys (std).................$0

Sub total............................................................$6,831.........................................................................$4,698

2.6L Upgrade.......................................................$1,999.........................TVS 1900 Upgrade.......................$999

GRAND TOTAL................................................. $8,812............................................................. $5,697

Hmmmmm......you tell me which of these two kits comes the better deal when you add it all up? :scratch:

The Tork Tech still seems like the better deal to me? :shrug:

Addressing the hood issue.....You don't "need" a new hood, since a hood extension can be purchased for $199 + paint. But since so many Mustang owners have opted to ditch the gaudy looking stock hood, they don't offer the extension as a standard part of the kit because of the possibility it would just end up as a useless, throw away part for most.

Attachments

• CIMG3430.jpg
    CIMG3430.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 223
  • CIMG3411.jpg
    CIMG3411.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG3416.jpg
    CIMG3416.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 137
  • CIMG3426.jpg
    CIMG3426.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 187
  • CIMG3418.jpg
    CIMG3418.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 162
Thanks for clarifying Brian :nice:

I was thinking that you still had to buy all the other stuff with the KB, wasn't sure though. So yeah, the TorkTech will still be cheaper even if you bought a new hood. I also like the way it looks better than the KB. I think I find my blower, time to start saving :D

I wonder how much cheaper the kit would be if you got the supercharger separate??
Who knows, the difference between the superchargerless kit and the Magnusun kit is about $2k, and for the TVS $3k. Those are cheap prices for those blowers - so maybe nothing, maybe a lot.
Thanks Gearbanger for posting those differences, the FAQ page is really helpful too.
Bottom line here people is the TorTech kit will be cheaper - you'd be buying a KB for the name/recognizability and for the shotty customer service. Even if you are set on a twin screw the TT kit is cheaper.
So far I'm pricing out based on the tuner kit since a lot of people have a X-cal and you can find the injecctors/MAF/pump for a good price online and on ebay. This I figure if you have an xcal will save you only $200-215 if you shop around which means the full kit a quite a good price.

Plus i know a guy selling a 95Cobra R hood in my local car club for $180 - too bad it's for 99-04. But that's the norm if you find used deals since it needs to be painted anyways.

+ the intercooling system they make looks awesome - one factor i never much liked about posi-dis superchargers is how they are undercooled due to design limitations.

Glad to see this thread is finally getting some life. Gearbanger is balls on, the Tork Tech kit is not nearly as expensive as the KB once you consider all the "optional" equipment KB soaks you for. I would love to see a head to head comparison with the KB and Tork Tech but when you consider the price of the KB and factor in the poor customer service it's hard to look away from the Tork Tech kit. Did I mention the Tork Tech kit appears to be putting down better numbers with a safer tune:nice:

Yeah I would like to see some videos of stangs with TT chargers up vs other chargers. I have done alot of reserch with TT kit and others and Tork tech comes out on top and you can look around for another hood if you have a 99-01 stang or just the raised part from the 02-04 hoods. I know someone here in san antonio has this kit and hope to see him around.

Some damn good news if we can figure out what version is needed for the kit. If somone else can ask him (since i asked is he'd sell just the kit and he'd know why i was asking) what model they use that'd be bomb-diggidy:

Hi Chris …

Thank you for your HTV1900 Supercharger enquiry.

Harrop manufactures the most advanced supercharger technology available, developed in conjunction with Eaton Corporation. The new HTV series is based on the Eaton TVS rotors, and is proving to be the superior solution for many applications.
As an indication of our new HTV supercharger retail prices ...

· Harrop HTV1350 (for any input/actuator configuration) A$2,275
· Harrop HTV1900 (for any input/actuator configuration) A$2,410
· Harrop HTV2300 (for any input/actuator configuration) A$2,500

The US-Aussie exchange rate today is 0.65, which equates to the HTV1900 costing approximately US$1570. The prices shown are FOB Melbourne excluding any duty/taxes (which should be nil).

I have attached some specifications of each for your consideration, and can forward more detailed drawing of the HTV ranges if required.
We have no knowledge of the compatibility of our HTV range to the kits you indicate below. It would almost certainly require some adaptation.

Feel free to call for further information. (+61.3.9474-0900).

This is the correct supercharger though, i got the contact and info from this thread: LS1GTO.com Forums - Magnuson MP 122HH supercharger - Page 5

$1570 even with our crappy exchange rate? That's awesome considering with the TT kit you'd be paying about $3k for it on top of the intercooled kit bare. I have no idea how cheap the MP112 would be.

This is what he attached:
Supercharger_Harrop_HTV1900a-varian.jpg

Keep in mind you would still need to buy the TT intake parts - so who knows what they would charge for that - but this is certainly a price savings. It'd be $3570 for the tuner kit + intake parts instead of $4800 with intake parts when using the TVS 1900 bought from Australia vs from TT.

I say the Blower from Australia + TorkTech kit should be called the CobraRed mod:p

Attachments

• Supercharger_Harrop_HTV1900a-varian.jpg
    Supercharger_Harrop_HTV1900a-varian.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 217
Cool....I especially like how half way through the page they turned it into a political/bashing/Global warming thread and totally spun it out. It seems Stangnet doesn't hold the patent on BS derailments like I thought we did. :D
Haha, i know - it's hilarious that they tie it to wether a blower is carb approved or not. The contact info is a page or two after that.

but i would like to see a video of a tork tech and a kenne bell GT racing with the same mods.

I am curious which is really the better setup. cant really compare dyno numbers. and the tork tech isnt any cheaper than a kb once its all said and done. unless you just modify the stock hood

You do realize that once you bring the KB over 9-10 pounds, you will need to upgrade to the KB 8 rib belt system. And guess what? You need a new hood to clear it. The 6 rib system start to slip. The TTI comes standard with an 8 rib system, so rather than "hide it" in the options page, they spell it out up front.