New Track times. Good ending point for the year.

• Sponsors (?)

Chopped Liver said:
That is Very impressive. It should keep a smile on your face until spring.
It's funny because I was getting worried with stock tranny at the track and here you are running 10's. Granny shifting keeps that thing together.

What cage/ roll bar are you getting?
The only thing i have broken at the track is an axel so far.. I replaced them with a set of mosers and haven't had a problem sence...

I think the key for me not breaking anything is my slicks and granny shifting... I just went out and measured them just to make sure. They are only 8.5 inches wide.. I think with a 10" wide slick i would have broken something for sure.

Also Launching at higher rpms can be a lot easier on your car then lower rpms.. You launch at 5,500 your usually going to get a small amount of tire spin.. Now if you don't get a little bit of tire spin i think thats when crap breaks..

Yesterday i was launching a little harder then normal with a little less air pressure (12psi)

First light: rev up to 3k or so
Second light: mash accelerator
third light: Realease clutch
Fourth light: went red :rlaugh:

No plans for a cage yet though...

zenboy99 said:
Way to go! You have a REAL "10 second car".

How busy was Cordova? I heard Byron, IL was packed this weekend.
Cordova was pretty dead Saturday Afternnon. A few mustangs, a rousch (wasn't very impressed with), a couple cameros and taht was pretty much it for decent street cars. Was a Mach1 with a procharger there, he ran an 11.6 on 275 Nittos!!!

There were a quite a few of the people that run Real Street there though.. Like Robin Lawerance and Craig Baldwin was there running high nines..

If someone wanted to they could have easily gotten 10-15 runs off.. It was that dead...