New track times

Went to the track and got my best pass to date.

60ft. 1.85
330ft. 5.52
1/8th 8.62
MPH 80.23
1000 11.29
1/4 13.55
MPH 100.3

Trap speed is up almost 2mph with only a .1 gain. I'm sure I could've gotten a 13.4. Also did a couple of 5000rpm launches and on one run I had a 1.80 60ft. My wife also verified my left front wheel actually came off the ground a little. :D I think that made me happier than anything else. LOL

• Sponsors (?)

FiveOCapri79 said:

60ft. 1.85
330ft. 5.52
1/8th 8.62
MPH 80.23
1000 11.29
1/4 13.55
MPH 100.3

Trap speed is up almost 2mph with only a .1 gain. I'm sure I could've gotten a 13.4. Also did a couple of 5000rpm launches and on one run I had a 1.80 60ft. My wife also verified my left front wheel actually came off the ground a little. :D I think that made me happier than anything else. LOL

Nice times...what kind of shot you running?

David

All my runs were made all motor. Currently, I'm on a 100 shot and will get some times with the bottle when the weather warms up some. Also weighed my car there and it tips the scale at 2890 with a spare tire and half a tank of gas. One other reason that helps my car get moving.

WTF, everyone seems to be catching up/passing my times.

I guess that's why I'm in the process of upgrading the brakes and putting on a tubular k-member/a-rms/coilover :D

BTW, nice times. I know when I pull high 1.7's my tires dont even come close to lifting off the ground. She just looks like she pounces off the line :D

Mine doesn't really squat much due the lift bars. Still got the original 4cyl springs up front. I'm thinking about putting in the Eibach drag launch springs with some Lakewood shocks and struts to help a little more. I'm surprised none of you have done it yet even with faster times and better 60ft launches and I did it with mid 13 sec passes on 1.8's. With all this hard launching, I'm a little concerned with my torque boxes and axles.

Looking at your guy's sigs looks like an intake is worth some serious gains on the stock motor. Can't wait to drop the 306 in, hopin for 12's on my ported E7's (see sig). By the way, nice times everyone. Oh, and my front tires look like they are just barely on the pavement, but that last couple of inches is a lot farther and harder to get. I have some pics, but don't know how to put them on here to show you guys.

EDIT: 2890 lbs. ???!!!! Damn, i weigh in at 3325 lbs.

Good Job!!! :nice:

Can't wait till the track opens in the spring... trying for a 12.90 out of mine with 100K mile stock motor...

After that it's: Edelbrock Performer upper and lower, Thumper E7s, 1.6 roller rockers and an E cam.. keeping the stock injectors at first [gonna get em cleaned] in there, and run it a few times ot get some mid/low 12s. Solid car thats deep in the 12s.

Then I am 99% sure I am going with some 30 lb injectors & tube, 255 intank pump, and another Zex kit again to dump me into the 11s.

I do like running low 13s, but would MUVH rather have that be a 12.9...

The intake did seem to help but it was added with other parts so I dont know what did it. In my car the Long Tubes did it for me. Went from high 13s right into the low 13s with the long tubes and prochamber over shorties and catted H. Also added pulleys at the time, which could have helped some.

Stock motors are very capable of running a 12.9, it just takes more suspension and less weight. If I still had the stock intake, TB and no RRs, I think I would be in the 13.3 range merely because the car just doesnt have the weight down, and the suspension yet.

Man, my front tires dont even look close to coming up, and thats weird because a friend of mine (he might be on the board as ERnotch or 93reefnotch) pulls high 1.6s and his car doesnt seem to be at the breaking point for the tires either.

510784_6_full.jpg

The weird thing about my cars weight is the fact that it still has a full interior. No A/C and lightweight wheels, removed rubber sound deadener is about all I've done. I even keep the spare in there for a little extra traction though it probably doesn't really help. I still don't really have any passes with advanced timing(Still sitting at 10* BTDC for nitrous tune), but I'm sure I can at least get into the 13.4 range. Next on the list is some suspension work, maybe an aluminum driveshaft, and a good shifter(Getting tired of the stock one. hehe).

what_stanger? said:
race weight on my car is 3300, and the best ever mustered on motor was a [email protected] on a 1.789 60' time, powershifting.

the timing was at 15*btdc, now it too, sits at a10* because of my 100 shot of the spray

You just wait mister. I'll be down under 3000 lbs in a few weeks. You see, I've been drinking milk, and someday...hehe

Anyways, I dont powershift...ever. Maybe I could run quicker times if I did...but oh well.

millhouse said:
You just wait mister. I'll be down under 3000 lbs in a few weeks. You see, I've been drinking milk, and someday...hehe

Anyways, I dont powershift...ever. Maybe I could run quicker times if I did...but oh well.

Yeah there are definately better times with it, just dont do it if you dont have confidence.

I was just shifting it easy. You see, it'd really suck if I blew something up at the track since the nearest 1/4 track is a little over 100 miles away and I have to drive it back. hehe That's how I felt when I went to FFW in Ennis in September which was over 200 miles aways. (Really boring drive without a radio. LOL) Another reason why I'm always a little hesitant using the bottle. There is a closer 1/8th track nearby, but I like the 1/4 a lot better and the other track isn't open yet.

FiveOCapri79 said:
I was just shifting it easy. You see, it'd really suck if I blew something up at the track since the nearest 1/4 track is a little over 100 miles away and I have to drive it back. hehe .

Yeah same deal here. 2 hour drive to the track. I broke a clutch disk in 2 back in 1997 in a 91 LX hatch I had. It was just about stock [headers TB and maf were even stock ones] but with a 3.27 rear from an aod car, u/d pulley, timing, no cat back, insulation gutting & M&Hs. Car ran two 13.40s @ 100 MPH cutting 1.8 60 foots. I had no clue what was in it for a clutch but wanted to see the ETs drop :lol: Last pass of that day I left at 5300 and it smacked nice and hard, powershifted 2nd and it went, went to grab 3rd and there was just no clutch pedal, motor zinged off the limiter, so I lightly pushed it into 4th.. [played with the RPMs to get it in] and coasted to a 16 something. Got back to the pits, and its ticking. Not only did the clutch go, but oil pump wirth along with it. When I over revved it when I went to grab 3... it must have broke the pump then. Just by chance my one buddy was there with his dads truck and had a car dolly :shrug: what were the chances of that :banana: Then a couple weeks later the guy that towed it home... bought it. :p And it has a 392 in it nowadays :nice:

Anyways, yeah breaking at the track sucks. I hope I got mine in early and it don't happen again. :spot:

FiveOCapri79 said:

60ft. 1.85
330ft. 5.52
1/8th 8.62
MPH 80.23
1000 11.29
1/4 13.55
MPH 100.3

Looking good! Could not help congratulating another 79 Mercury Capri owner. I have had mine since 81, an original 5.0. It has retired from the track and I use the 82 Mustang for that. Best is 8.57 1/8th at 81 so far.