New Track Times

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
http://media.putfile.com/50-Edited_0001 just watch this video. its blurry the camera sucks at night.My driving was horrible today, so i think i can do better, my buddy was in the car with me so i got nervous cuz he was making fun of me. ill go again next friday. i ran four times 14.619 being my best and i bogged at the begging. 14.88, then the two were high 15's.

• Sponsors (?)

Not bad, but there is definitely room for improvement. Work and making your shifts faster (your not accelerating while changing gears, so the faster you can get it out of one gear and into the other the faster you will go), I ran my best times with similar parts to you with shifitng at 5500 on the 1-2, 5500 on the 2-3, and ~5300 on the 3-4. I ran a 13.83 at 98.5 like that with a 1.91 60' on nitto DR's. Also, DON'T take a passenger next time. Have them film from the stands. Every 100lbs is approx a tenth and 1mph, so depending on how much your buddy weighed that will give you an idea of how fast you could have gone. If you do make another pass with a passenger, leave at a little higher rpm than normal as you WILL hook better. The few times I did it I raised my launch rpm by 300rpms or so. You should be trapping at least 99mph. What rpm are you trapping at? It looks like the shift to 4th is hurting you because you no sooner shift into it and your crossing the line... that's due to the 3.73's and there is little you can do about it other than maybe shifitng into 4th a little sooner (lower the 3-4 shift point and see what happens. The only way to tell if little changes like this make a difference is to NOT change anything else other than the rpm that you shift from 3-4. Try 5000, then 5250, then 5500 before shifting to fourth and see which yields the best time and the biggest MPH gain from the 1/8th mile MPH and the 1/4 mile MPH. THAT is how you maximize your car and find out exactly what you need to do to get the best times out of it.

Thanks Killercanary, i sure will try. thats the only time i shifted into fourth. and that was the lowest mph i got. the other one was like 95. and i stayed at 3.