New transmission! Gears? Thoughts?

bluevenom867

I will have images of molesting stuffed animals in
Dec 15, 2003
St.Petersburg,FL
Its about freakin' time I get everything back togther,been lazy in the Florida heat,lol.

Anyways,two weeks ago I got everything back in,and runing.Runing great I might add. Upped the oil pressure,and put a crank trigger on it.

Big thing though,and main reason it was down ...was a new JW Poweglide.To replace the PA racing C4 befor we broke it (its rate at 1,000Hp witch we can hopefuly push past at the rear wheels when Im done,heheh).

Had to have a new driveshaft made,and also I added a steel .09 mid-plate to help with engine torque (want this bad boy solid!),I need to make some mounts,but waiting till I can get it up in the air (not welding under jack stands,to uncomfortable for me cause I cant stand) so I can get it perfect.

Now,I got a question for you all... I've decied the car will probably need a little more rear gear,being I went from a 2.46:1 first to a 1.80:1 and also will be launching lower rpm (4200rpm-ish compared to 5500rpm-ish).Right now,we got a 3.90 rear gear,and in a box,I havent opened yet,is a set of Richmond 4.88 gears...

This car is getting set-up for 1/8 mile racing,think the 4.88's are too much? (325/50-15 radial)

edit: Final drive is 1:1 for the PG

• Sponsors (?)