New wheels!

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
Well its been a long time coming but i finally got some new wheels to replace my old ugly ones. Its wet, so i cant tell you if it handles better yet, but it sure looks better. They are Ponys Wrapped with Kumho Ecsta's 225/55/16 I think they look better, but judge for yourself.

Before:
beforewheels.jpg

After:
afterwheels.jpg

Better Huh??

PS: I know it looks like a photoshop, but its not.. Just a nasty Overcast Rainy day.

Attachments

• beforewheels.jpg
    beforewheels.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 104
  • afterwheels.jpg
    afterwheels.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

Stinger said:
Hmm...hate to say it but they look "equal" at best...I actually liked the old ones a bit better I think. I'm just not a fan of Ponies though...
the old ones were badly corroded, they have curb rash really bad on 2 wheels (chunks of alum missing) Trust me, the new ones are in MUCH better shape. The style of the old ones isnt bad, but their condition is.

Dr. I like your tire choice!
So far i like em, the sidewalls are nice looking but its been raining since i got them so i can judge performance yet, they feel as though they will handle better, and the wet traction is better, but my old tires were bald. I need so dry pavement to give em a workout.

Umm....So what happened to the old ones? I know this guy (me) who desperately needs new wheels. Nothing is uglier than the stock 14 inch lx wheels. Just curious.

Well since i live in a snow state, once i have some extra cash im gonna throw some Snow tires on em and use them as "winter wheels"

Dr.

Dr_EluSivE said:
Well since i live in a snow state, once i have some extra cash im gonna throw some Snow tires on em and use them as "winter wheels"
Dr.
You'll definatly want some winter wheels if you bought the 711's. They have absolutly no traction soon as you get a dusting. When I had the 711's, I actaully got stuck in 1" of snow on a level surface. :rlaugh:
If I had an extra set of wheels, I would definatly buy some DOT legal rubber for autoXing. I think I'm addicted now. :D

Asha'man said:
Huge improvement! I have to say I always hated your old wheels. :notnice: Now go get some springs. ;)

Ash
ME TOO!!! i am So glad to have something else. Next Weds im picking up a 88 TC 8.8 traclock rear with disc brakes and when that goes on (if its in the budget) I will be putting on tubular control arms and hopefully springs. I also plan on getting the turbo coupe front brakes and swapping them over at the same time. So, new tires/wheels, new rear with brakes, new control arms (hopefully), new springs (hopefully), and turbo motor in the spring... its Finally nice to make some progress!

Nice car Dan :nice: I like your color and wheel combo. :D

Bhuff: my Kumhos are Ecsta ASX's they are Supposed to be "all season" so they should do a little better in the wet then the 711's but probably not as good in the dry. Now if it would only stop raining :mad:

140: C-springs or Eibachs?

I gotta take it a little slow for a while though cause if i buy too many more car parts before my girlfriend gets Her ring.... Im gonna be single Very quickly. Im. :owned:

Dr.

Dr_EluSivE said:
Bhuff: my Kumhos are Ecsta ASX's they are Supposed to be "all season" so they should do a little better in the wet then the 711's but probably not as good in the dry. Now if it would only stop raining :mad:
Dr.
Good choice. On my last set, I was either going to get the ASX or the yokos I bought. I didn't like how quickly the 711s wore, so I got the Yokos with AA traction a 500 treadwear. :banana:

I'm with Flush. I like the old ones. They just look different. Even I have a set of Ponies. And you that is bad when I have a set. I like the fake cobra's with 4 hole but I ain't the scrill yet for those.

Enjoy your wheels though.

Dr.

Some people's Eibachs sit lower than other peoples, even if they are the same type. This concerned me as I've used 3 set's of springs on the LX. So, I got the Motorsport C's - they drop it just as they say. 1.5" and ride real nice - so at least take a gander at them as you are deciding.