New York ppl chime in plz

We are visiting the city @ the end of this month. Zip code is 11206 Brooklyn. I am going with my parents and my wife.
My mother wants us to stay @ my aunts which is in the projects. We stayed there once years ago when my grandmother passed. :( It is a very small apt and I guess not in the greatest area.:shrug: We took a cab from the airport on that visit.
Well now we are driving my wife's car.:bang: I would rather stay in a hotel close to the area or close to the airport la guardia, @ least from there we can take a cab and leave the ride @ the hotel.
Anyway my question is where is a good area to stay without any worries. Looking to dump around $150.00 a nite to stay. That seems to be about the going rate. Mom keeps saying all the hotels I look into are in bad areas:shrug: .
Some of ya fellow Stangers have to be from the area?? Help a Southern fellow out here.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)

Ridgewood Brooklyn, German and Italian nieghborhood. Bayridge not too bad either. Worse comes to worse hop over the bridge into Manhattan and stay in the Stuyvisen part thats rite over the bridge. (The alphabet Ave's) Very safe and a "great" nite life.

Check out Bayside (11361). There are a buncha places on Northern Blvd. You are right by like 3 highways to get you where ever you need too. Check out the Adria ( http://www.adriahotelny.com/ ). I stayed there once a while ago. It was about 150 if I recall. There are lots of restaurants and bars to go out and eat and have fun over there. Also check out the Anchor Motor Inn ( http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g47289-d99267-Reviews-The_Anchor_Inn-Bayside_New_York.html )

TY very much. I called the Adria hotel this morning and they seemed very pleasant. They stated the area was safe as well, with areas to walk around.

Now you have actually been there, is the area cool/safe to hang out. Keep in mind our talest building here in Charleston is about 11-12 stories tall. So the city life makes me nervous:D
Nevertheless this hotel looks good. Not a bad price either. $175.00 for 4 of us to stay.
Now gotta convince the parents that they have to share the same bed. They have been divorced for about 33 yrs now:rlaugh: :shrug: They still get along, just dont think that will fly though.

TY very much. I called the Adria hotel this morning and they seemed very pleasant. They stated the area was safe as well, with areas to walk around.

Now you have actually been there, is the area cool/safe to hang out. Keep in mind our talest building here in Charleston is about 11-12 stories tall. So the city life makes me nervous:D
Nevertheless this hotel looks good. Not a bad price either. $175.00 for 4 of us to stay.
Now gotta convince the parents that they have to share the same bed. They have been divorced for about 33 yrs now:rlaugh: :shrug: They still get along, just dont think that will fly though.

Bayside is one of the safest nieghborhoods in Queens. Just take Northern Blvd off the Grand Central. If you pass Shea Stadium you went to far.

there is a marriot across from laguardia, there are two new hotels in college point, zip 11356, one is called extended stay. i forget the other its on college point blvd. its a 5 min ride from laguardia

+1. There's a marriot on college point boulevard, 5 mins from laguardia, not a bad neighborhood at all, and about 5 mins from my house.

Bayside is one of the safest nieghborhoods in Queens.

You can't do much better than bayside and whitestone. And the bars in bayside are superb as well.

i live 2 minutes from la guardia airport, there are a few airport hotels that are fine to stay in.

wyndham garden hotel
courtyard by marriott
marriott la guardia airport
lyden gardens suite hotel

as for areas that are "safe"

astoria, queens
long island city, queens
bayside, queens
whitestone, queens
college point, queens
kew gardens, queens
parts of greenpoint, brooklyn
bayride, brooklyn
ridgewood, brooklyn
stuyvesant, manhattan

anywhere that has alot of homes, or 2/3 family houses instead of apartments everywhere is usually fine

parts of queens to avoid: Far Rock, Hollis, Jamaica, East Elmhurst and Corona

No problem. As for safe, it is very safe. There is a police precinct just a few blocks down too. So there are always cops around. There are all sorts of restaurants for you as well as bars to hang out at. There is also a nice bar/pool hall a few blocks down too. And again since there are always people out at the bars there are always cops lurking around making sure everyone is behaving so its real safe. Just remember Bell Blvd, that is where all the action is just a few blocks from the hotel. I live in Bayside so if you need anymore info about the area just ask.