Newbee--------sorry

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
OK ,OK,this is my first day on here,wasnt to sure how to use this---sorryNow for a question--Do you think I can hit 13's with this combo--Dense air charger intake--flow master muffs--2800 stall converter --transgo shift kit and 3.73 gears, any feedback would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard. Take a chill pill.
Get some good tires, drag radials or slicks. Small slicks will work good. Maybe some underdrive pulleys, bump your timing to 14 degrees, 2 1/2 cat back system and h-pipe. You should touch on the 13 mark. IMO

gearheadboy said:
Welcome aboard. Take a chill pill.
Get some good tires, drag radials or slicks. Small slicks will work good. Maybe some underdrive pulleys, bump your timing to 14 degrees, 2 1/2 cat back system and h-pipe. You should touch on the 13 mark. IMO
Thanks,I already have an h-pipe,my timing is 14 degrees(it sure likes to ping under wot even with premium) and I plan on getting some goodyear eagle slicks on 10 holers-----without tubes or screws

tvmango said:
I say more like a 14.5. With those mods, I had the same, with headers, off road h pipe, msd ignition, and good tires and couldn't brake 14.5.... If it was a stick , no problem 13's but not with the aod....
What can I do to the AOD to make it as quick as a 5speed----Are manuel valve bodys good with stock H.P. ?

Is this an LX or GT?

If it's an LX trunk... and your engine is healthy, you COULD see 13's...

If its a GT you'll still do consistent low 14's... again, providing your kit can snap gears and you have a healthy engine....

also look into an electric fan, i recently did this and noticed a huuuge difference, then aluminum driveshaft, upper and lower control arms, 50/50 shocks, 70/30 struts...

ya know, the basics and some suspension first, THEN go big, if you plan to do so at all.

All I know is I've never had luck with aod's I've done valve bodys, stallion torque converters, and so on and never had one worth a crap. I wouldn't put much money into you trans, you'll never get out of it what you put into it.. just my experiance with 2 aod mustangs and my 2 cents....

if you're getting pinging, that means you need to turn the timing down a little. Every car is different and not every one likes 14 degrees of initial timing. I would play with it and keep turning it down a degree until the pinging goes away!! Other than that, you need a good set of tires if you want to go fast, maybe some BFG Drag Radials. That will put you pretty close to where you want to be... Larry

everyone drives different and every car is different. i think, you have a shot at 13's, maybe, if you have traction. try to get her to the track and see. practice makes perfect and even by your third run, you'll know the car much better and be improving times.

mike93lx said:
everyone drives different and every car is different. i think, you have a shot at 13's, maybe, if you have traction. try to get her to the track and see. practice makes perfect and even by your third run, you'll know the car much better and be improving times.
Thanks alot for the feed back, I gotta wait till the track opens to try out my new baby!!I live in New Jersey so as soon as all the snow melts around spring time,I will be going to Island dragway in Great Meadows N.J.The car behaves totally different with the new converter,I hear the gears do the same thing.I will soon find out!!Thanks

2MuchPSIForU said:
Is this an LX or GT?

If it's an LX trunk... and your engine is healthy, you COULD see 13's...

If its a GT you'll still do consistent low 14's... again, providing your kit can snap gears and you have a healthy engine....

also look into an electric fan, i recently did this and noticed a huuuge difference, then aluminum driveshaft, upper and lower control arms, 50/50 shocks, 70/30 struts...

ya know, the basics and some suspension first, THEN go big, if you plan to do so at all.
Nope! No Trunk, its a hatch