SN95 Newbie And New To Me 95 Gt 347 Car Need Advise To Fix Previous Made Mistakes

:worthlesb:tard:

The combo seems okay motor wise if it truly a 347 :leaving:. Personally that car could be a custom cam and tune away from being a pretty quick car if you had all the specs...:poo:

Listen to everyone here.:SN:

First and foremost...pictures help
Second grab part numbers off the computer, injectors, and maf sensor.
Then run the codes

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just my .02..

My current setup that I'm upgrading is just a 302. With these exact same heads, and intake. Different cam, of course.. it's a TFS stage 2 cam.

On 9 pounds boost it made 450rwhp and 480rwtq. If you do the math that comes out to 281 hp naturally aspirated. At the tire. On 302 inches of displacement. If it wasn't a stock block I could have turned up the boost and kept on going with the hp, but it would have broken in half, most likely. With 347cid and those heads and intake with a good cam he'll be able to put 350 to the tire, no problem. AFR heads would be nice to have, but to tell someone they can't make power with the setup this guy has with a cam swap means you might not know as much as you think you do...

I would not put 19# injectors on that motor, it'd be a waste. Here is a chart to base your injector size on. I'd say 36# would be safe
Ok, from the chart I'll agree, then he needs to get maf to match the 24s he thinks are there, if he does have 19s in it could he rectify most of the problems he has now or should he go ahead and upgrade to 24s or bigger

What sort of computer are you referring to? An aftermarket type like a megasquirt?

Plenty of people run solid combos like yours on the stock computer. You can even run a different camshaft if you wanted.

Unless you actually know how to do the tuning, I would advocate a custom dyno tune over trying it yourself if you want to get up and running asap. There's a steep learning curve with custom ECU setups.
I was looking at the P.M.S. computer. I know the learning curve is steep... I will be looking for help at that time. lol or doing lots of reading and experimenting. Thank you

It's possible that your injectors and MAF are mismatched. If you have 24# injectors (blue tops) then you must have a MAF that's tuned to run with 24# injectors. Same thing for 19 # (orange top).

Have you tried to run codes?

Do you want us to help you get your car running correctly or help you get your combo matched better?

I have not run the codes yet.... Just picked it up this sunday... First will be to map out what I have and then find out what I need. I am pretty sure there are issues with the injectors and MAF... I will be asking for help on parts combos... as I know I will need exhaust and fuel system help. But right now trying to get a list together on the parts I need and the parts I want. Thank you for taking the time to post.

So the car is run'n and drive'n now, address the problems you have with it now, rather than bolting a bunch of stuff on it thinking your gonna make it better, you won't. It likely will continue to run like crap.
RUN THE CODES. Thats the first thing, that may give you an idea of whats happening now. I can tell you to first put some 19 pound injectors in it. That will jive with the mass air meter. Don't put a bigger mass air meter in it yet, if you hang around here and take the time to fix the problems you have the better suited you will be when you hang a blower on it, I know you want one:banana:
Make sure your brakes are in good working order. Gotta stop it during those test drives, thats the first thing before that other first thing.:doh:
Anderson does have the PMS computer package with a Vortech....sorry off topic (Sort of) I will start like you said to get it (right) .... Then start playing.

Just my .02..

My current setup that I'm upgrading is just a 302. With these exact same heads, and intake. Different cam, of course.. it's a TFS stage 2 cam.

On 9 pounds boost it made 450rwhp and 480rwtq. If you do the math that comes out to 281 hp naturally aspirated. At the tire. On 302 inches of displacement. If it wasn't a stock block I could have turned up the boost and kept on going with the hp, but it would have broken in half, most likely. With 347cid and those heads and intake with a good cam he'll be able to put 350 to the tire, no problem. AFR heads would be nice to have, but to tell someone they can't make power with the setup this guy has with a cam swap means you might not know as much as you think you do...
Thank you.... I will be doing the little things (cam and exhaust) then will have to look at fuel and...... Well I will cross that bridge later. Also if I ever do go the blown route I am thinking I will have to change pistons (10:1 now)... But at that time it may be time for a new block.....but I am getting ahead of myself at the moment. Thank you again on your .02 cents