Newbie electrical diagnostics....driver's side power window

2bfeared

Dec 7, 2009
Hey guys,

Here the scoop...I've taken apart my window motors and rebuilt them since one broke. The whole interior is out so why not?

Anyways, I put my driver's side window motor back in and now it doesn't work. The motor works on another 12v connection just not the one its meant to.

I used a multimeter and checked the switch for resistance (open/closed) everything appears fine. I also checked for power and its coming through to the switch on both wires (white/blk, and yellow).

Then I tried closing the switch and testing for power at the connector. I have a reading for power on the yellow wire but not on the red when I tested it.

What does that mean? Is there something that I am missing or does the red wire need to be replaced?

Just further info, its a convertible 1995 GT. I think it has the one touch down power window option, but I can't confirm it. I haven't used the windows since its been sitting through the winter and I only got it in the winter haha.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

• Sponsors (?)

SOLVED

Just for those of you who may ever run into the same problem...

In order for the driver's side window to work there is a one touch power down window module that is attached to the driver's side door panel in the bottom corner below the arm rest.

That module must be connected in order for the window to work.

In my case, I had the door panel off and disconnected.