NEWBIE EXHAUST QUESTION.

usafnotch

Jul 19, 2005
MONTANA
Hi, everyone. New to this Forum, but not to V8 mustangs. Had an 87GT, 99GT, 90 5.0 Notch, 83 GT, and now own a 2000 GT Vert. Just had super 44's welded in last week, and sounds awesome, But not loud enought. I currently have a Summit off road h pipe and mil eliminators in my garage which i had bought. My questions is that will this set up be too loud for a DD, with my 20 month old daughter in the back seat? How would it sound if I removed the two rear cats and left the precats on? Thanks for any advice. Mark

• Sponsors (?)

usafnotch, be careful with that pipe's fit. I have one and you won't be able to use the second set of o2 bungs. They sit right next to the trans pan. I plugged mine and used the eliminators but for some reason I'm still having problems with the cel. I have 50's on mine and they are just loud enough. I've heard from Flowmaster that the 40's tend to be a little too loud especially with a o/r pipe, but ultimately its up to what you want it to sound like.

hey jlds91389, have you had any problems with your check engine light?

I have pretty much the same set-up and can't get it to go off even with my diablo. I put in the mils, cleared the codes and disconnected the battery overnight to reset the computer. all seemed well the next day but then about 20 min into driving the light came back on. Now I just have the eliminators plugged in without the o2's. Does this make a difference? It shouldn't seeing as the eliminators themselves are just relays.

Any help on this would be appreciated and it might help usafnotch, too.

im sorry i cant help with the mills.. when i had my car tuned he turn off the rears and my cel has not came back on. wish i could help more but i would check those relays....o and i dont have mils at all....im starting to think there is something wrong with my car lol people say 40s are really loud with a o/r mid pipe but mines not really that loud.

for your infant/toddler daughter, yes, that is loud, plus you can get the smell of fuel inside the car with an offroad mid pipe, and it's a vert. I would recommend you transport her in another vehicle than a vert with an offroad mid pipe, at that age.

well had two of cats removed. Perfect sound. not to loud but just right. Does not smell either.And no check engine light. This set up will work for me. Looks like the o/r h and mils have to go. Thanks for the advice. Mark