Newbie from Europe

Greyfur

Mar 22, 2020
Europe
Hello all!

My name's Conor, I'm from Europe (residing in Germany at the moment)
I bought a SN95 Mustang just recently, now getting to grips with a rather unknown machine (my area of expertise is more Jaguar/LandRover/BMW)

This is it - a low mileage 1997 V6 - Will be my daily driver to replace my current BMW that I had used extensively for rallying.

1584908708998.png

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the V6 crowd my friend. Glad to have you aboard.

We post up in this section for talk and tech:

1997, GOOD you won't have to worry much about the Head issue causing the overheating I did with a 95, Ford Fixed the issue by the time yours was built.

Depending on what your looking to do with it, A lot of us have already done it wrong then fixed it afterwards :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the V6 crowd my friend. Glad to have you aboard.

We post up in this section for talk and tech:

1997, GOOD you won't have to worry much about the Head issue causing the overheating I did with a 95, Ford Fixed the issue by the time yours was built.

Depending on what your looking to do with it, A lot of us have already done it wrong then fixed it afterwards :nice:

Yeah, I've read about the head issues. I'm glad mine doesn't fall under it, had a bit of a shock from it getting warm recently, but that turned out to be the radiator cap. Don't feel like ripping off the heads just yet.

Apart from some suspension modification (because I used to rally a lot and like my cars handling sharply) the focus on any work will propably be more on the preserving/repairing side. Need to get it undersealed properly, etc. It's the daily driver after all, I want it to last

Reactions: 1 users
I am originally from the North in the US so this is a Definite thing that needs to be done. Luckily, some of our members here in the Southern region wont ever have to face the winters that can gut the entire undercarriage of their vehicle

Yup. Car's originally canadian with a stint in hawaii for some time, which means the paint is very faded but it looks largely rust-free underneath. I'll be getting proper equipment, will underseal and rustproof it properly and then touch up on that before each winter, and it should last me some time.

Reactions: 1 user