Newbie hellos

Space Monkey

May 1, 2005
Houston, TX
Hiya everybody,

I've been reading this board for a few weeks, and finally registered.

My "Black Betty" starts rolling down the assembly line tomorrow! I'm very excited.

I'll want to do some mods to it, a little at a time here and there. Mostly I've been hunting for tough looking wheels. Some minor performance mods, a little interior dress-up, probably some louvres. We'll see. I figured I'd get it frst, then see what it feels like and what it feels like it needs. Though I'm thinking the first thing it will need is a radar detector!

Anyway, just dropping a hello from northern Michigander transplanted to Houston.

I'll post pics, of course, the day she arrives!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!! :)

Take it from a Texan - invest in some good window tint as your first "mod". Excon will recommend HuperOptik. I recommend Formula One - Pinnacle Series. Both will help keep you cool in the sweltering, humid heat of Houston! :flag:

Yea my babys right!! And don't mess with my sweetheart GTJade!!
Edbert on this board told me about Huper Optik and its first rate material. Far superior to standard low budget window tint. Get those windows done FIRST and if you have any cash check out Paint Protection. WWW.ARMOURFENDAMERICA.COM is one brand that I use exclusively but there are others like Stoneguard etc.
STANGNETS A GREAT BOARD!! Watch the fireworks every few days!! Its a blast!!

Welcome to Houston and Stangnet. You got to love that black. This will be my first black car since I had a 69 coupe stang.

GTJade, how is the Formula One tinting? Have you had any problems with it at all?

Thanks all.

Actually window tinting is one of the early mods I intend on doing. I'd already jotted down Huper Optic as one to check on. Also I like the look of louvres; a bit retro, a bit tough, would look slick on a black car, and definately will keep the sun out of the rear window.

I'll check on the paint protector, thanks!

I don't know how you do it in Canada. When I lived in Michigan I'd have never even thought about getting a car like this. Those winters are brutal with all the sand and salt, and I can't afford two cars.

I have noticed some fireworks already, and noticed that you are usually lighting the fuse ExCon! :D

I was initially bummed that I had to wait so long to order mine, then had to wait so much longer to get it. But, now I'm glad it did take so long. Since mine doesn't start down the assembly line until tomorrow it should have a good gas tank, non-skipping stereo, growl-less tranny, pop-less front end, and iron-shaving-less paint.

Man I can't wait!