newbie here with a question

Hollywood5t

Jun 29, 2011
Hi.

I'm new to stangnet, always had fords and a few stangs in my day and all.Have a 96 gt right now with a 2000 4.6 supercharged 5spd convertible...Now onto my problem.. It has a vortech supercharger,vortech standard fuel management,bbk fuel pressure regulator,taylor wires,autcraft coil paks(assuming there stock),70lb-90lb injectors,optrinzer tuner for rich or lean ?,and an airtex fuel pump(replaced the pump since the car wouldn't fire when I got it,got at local parts store)... So I replaced the fuel pump as I stated,the psi on it is unknown,but I got the car to fire it ran ok,but was popping and banging through the exhuast,and smelt like it was running rich,couldn't get outta 1st gear just wanted to fall on its face and had no power whats so ever,grant it the fuel pressure was at 9lb,so i upped it to 40 figuring it'd be fine with the high lb injectors in it.,thats also what a local mustang shop told me it should be running at...Then I drove it got into 3rd gear this time and couldnt go any higher,fall on its face like it was loosing fuel,so I brought it back to my shop parked,later that day a buddy of mine I told him all whats in the car and so on and said I should be able to run atleast 60psi,so I went out fired the car(was only gonna bump it to 45psi) up had him look at the gauge I cracked the jam nut,turned the set screw not even a 1/4 of a turn the car shut off,now it won't fire, and not reading nothing on my gauge....PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD WORK. I can't figure this thing out and wanna drive it....

Tim

• Sponsors (?)