Newbie Looking To Buy A Stang , Needs Seat & Belts ??

gtimms

Jul 21, 2012
South Jersey
Looked at a nice 90 5.0 today, has a rear seat delete and no seatbelts. I need both for safety and my child safetyseat. I love the car, but can seem to find a rear seat online, used is fine, but maybe not for the belts so much. Any ideas? Id buy it and take time to find one but my wife will choke me if I bring home a car with no seats or belts. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Should be easy to come by, try craigslist for guys parting cars out, look for mustang junkyards in your area.

There's always some jackass that think's it's a good idea to remove the rear seats.

Seat belts are going to be a PITA to put back in if they are completely removed, since the rear interior panels need to come out, and god knows the torx bolts in the floor are damn near impossible to get out.

Finding a car in the jy will be best so you can get each and every bolt, there's quite a few of them.

Should be easy to come by, try craigslist for guys parting cars out, look for mustang junkyards in your area.

There's always some jackass that think's it's a good idea to remove the rear seats.

Seat belts are going to be a PITA to put back in if they are completely removed, since the rear interior panels need to come out, and god knows the torx bolts in the floor are damn near impossible to get out.

Finding a car in the jy will be best so you can get each and every bolt, there's quite a few of them.

Yeah, if the Torx bolts are still there I would soak them with some PB blaster for a day before you go after them. I about destroyed my driver side one removing it.

Did 90 have the shoulder or lap belts?
Shoulder.
Luckily enough when i came up with the brilliant (sarcasm) idea of removing my rear seats i left the upper retractors in.

As for the torx, you have to use a high grade torx bit, harbor freight bits ain't cutting it, will break almost for sure.

Thank you guys. I passed on that car, ( I wanted it bad) but I'm buying it more as a project car to build for my wife. She loves mustangs and had to give up a fairly nicely worked 07 when chid #2 came along. I grabbed a 88 5.0 vert for stupid cheap. As long as I can keep the work (An bills) hidden till then It will be a big Christmas Suprise! This one has seatbeltstoo!

Torx are a PITA I have an 01 Jeep TJ. I Need stock in Torx!