Newbie Questions

Dooode!, ja kneed neon to illuminate the ego's ya just drove over with all dem fast stickers. Aalso , da fastes stikurs is da onz nobudy heard of! Yer kar'l be soo fast you better put an altimeter in for safe flights!

• Sponsors (?)

351wcoupe said:
Hi I'm new here but I have some stang questions.
I have an 89 2.3 5spd manual trans. and I have the following mods.
35% tinted windows, skull shift knob, lightup seat covers, broken ashtray door, a 5" tach oh meter, pedal covers, and a 10ft APC sticker that wraps across the hood, roof and trunk. I honestly noticed some difference but since I've covered about everything what else can I do to make 300 horse powers at the wheels?

thanks you guys is pros. :nice:

Well, you can start out by trying to be as cool as the 5.0 guys and do the following:
Get a big ole cowl hood even though you don't need the extra room for your stock intake manifold.
Get 18" wheels and don't upgrade the brakes.
Put a huge tach on the dash that goes up to 10,000 rpm, even though you only shift at 5,500.
Get ya some 4.56 gears so you can spin them tires a whole 12" inches before you have to shift to second.
You gota have a cobra emblem on the fenders!
Learn how to talk your way out of racing a 4 cylinder turbo mustang.
You gota get some flow master mufflers so you can sound exactly like your friends.
Put an 80 mm throttle body and a 90 mm mass air on your stock engine.
Brag about your 255 high flow fuel pump, but omit the fact that you have stock fuel lines.
Learn how to put over 6 thousand dollars into a stroker 302, engine work and power adders, only to be limited by the factory block's 500 hp limit.

:D

My vote is for getting that huge bass sound system. The sub in the back's gotta give ya at least a good 5 foot extra bounce off the launch....

Oh, and the ground effects...Neon, all the way....

If ya can't beat em...blind em...

Mike SVOR said:
Well, you can start out by trying to be as cool as the 5.0 guys and do the following:
Get a big ole cowl hood even though you don't need the extra room for your stock intake manifold.
Get 18" wheels and don't upgrade the brakes.
Put a huge tach on the dash that goes up to 10,000 rpm, even though you only shift at 5,500.
Get ya some 4.56 gears so you can spin them tires a whole 12" inches before you have to shift to second.
You gota have a cobra emblem on the fenders!
Learn how to talk your way out of racing a 4 cylinder turbo mustang.
You gota get some flow master mufflers so you can sound exactly like your friends.
Put an 80 mm throttle body and a 90 mm mass air on your stock engine.
Brag about your 255 high flow fuel pump, but omit the fact that you have stock fuel lines.
Learn how to put over 6 thousand dollars into a stroker 302, engine work and power adders, only to be limited by the factory block's 500 hp limit.

:D

You got there number on that one Mike, but here they have started using the S.V.O hoods off the turbo 2.3L instead of the 4" cowl. :)

Pro-Hawk said:
You got there number on that one Mike, but here they have started using the S.V.O hoods off the turbo 2.3L instead of the 4" cowl. :)
yeah no joke
I had the cobra R SVO hood on my coupe and with the intake and the breather on the windsor the filter sat up in the scoop and the cowl perfectly. It wasn't 2 weeks later I saw 2 different people with the same hood on stock efi cars with non functional scoop or cowl.

Everybody around here knows me for playing with the 2.3. I was actually trying to squeeze everything under a stock hood and say it was a 2.3 :D