Newer 05 pics and unofficial Cobra info

Vlad

Feb 3, 2004
hpim1041_medium.jpg
hpim1040_medium.jpg

hpim1046_medium.jpg

taken from the original post on MW {{www.mustangworld[/url] [DOT] com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=198797}}

"My g/f's mom works on team mustang and she had the 05 today so she picked me up for a ride. Pretty much everyone that we passed stared at us, it was pretty amusing."

"...And for the rumors about the 07 Cobra, it will be 425-450hp depending on what they settle on for the valves(2v,3v or 4v). Not set in stone yet. She said it was pushed back(from 06 to a 07 Cobra) because they don't have an IRS that fits directly into the place of the live axle. They need to work it out so they don't have to use another line to make a new tub to fit the IRS."

• Sponsors (?)

Vlad said:
"...And for the rumors about the 07 Cobra, it will be 425-450hp depending on what they settle on for the valves(2v,3v or 4v). Not set in stone yet. She said it was pushed back(from 06 to a 07 Cobra) because they don't have an IRS that fits directly into the place of the live axle. They need to work it out so they don't have to use another line to make a new tub to fit the IRS."

I'm guessing 3v 4.6L with twin screw supercharger. Hopfully they will go with a lighter aluminum block

So is there any new word on possible Shelby GT500 models? Or is that just propoganda, and does not have any real backing to it? I was planning on holding out for a new Cobra, but then I saw some stuff about a GT500, and figured that would be even better. I am probably wrong about all this stuff, and I apologize if this has already been settled in a previous thread.