NHRA Division 6 Event Title.....so damn close.

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
We had an NHRA Division 6 National Open this weekend. I ran in sportsman class. We had 40 cars in the field, I came in 3rd. Damn it. I red lit in the semi's by .023. I won a National event last year and got my Wally but was hoping to repeat with the new car. Guess it just wasn't in the cards. I have another shot in three weeks at the NHRA National Dragster Challenge. Larry Fister was at the event from Horsepower heaven and got some good video of my car. Hopefully it will make it to his website Horsepower Heaven Homepage. Car had been terribly inconsistent up until now and I'd been doing terrible in divisional points. Then yesterday I played with tire pressures, launch rpms, everything possible and got it to hook and really haul ass. We ran again today but my luck ran out early. I broke out in the second round. Ran a 12.71 on a 12.98 dial in. I was on the brakes hard at the topend too. Was a 12.5 pass easily. I broke the traps at 103mph when I've normally been running 112mph. My competitor and I both broke out, he just went out less. We had rain on and off all day and we only had 1 time trial and the car ran a 12.97 at 111 with me spinning out of the hole real bad. I got a lucky break in the first round. I dialed in at a 12.85, spun off the line, and missed 4th gear and ran a 13.1. My opponent dialed in at a 13.48 and ran a 13.479 and broke out. Why the hell she did not get on the brakes at the top end I have no idea. I was at least 5 cars behind her with my crappy driving. Just wasn't in the cards today. I'll see If I can post some video. My wife got my qualifying run. I just destroyed an old Mopar at the tree and on the track. Looked like and old Duster.

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like you know what your doing. This was in the 88 Notch?
When it comes to bracket racing there is ONE THING I know to be fact!
Practice, practice, & more practice! :)

Congrat's on landing 3rd!:nice:

Thanks man. Ya I was running the notch. I won one last year in the 96. Most of the classes are all running automatics so it's tough being a 5 speed car and winning. One missed shift or bad rpm gear change and you're screwed, especially at National events. There's enough good competition you can't give up anything. Oh well. I've got a couple weeks off and then the next event, see if we can take that one.